My teaching method is through first explaining the concept to the student. When it is clear in their mind I go through a worked example with them and then get them to do practice questions until it is solid. Repetition at set points is crucial to getting concepts in long term memory, which is why periodic tests on a range of areas is a great way of cementing learning.
I am on my gap year, waiting to go to Edinburgh Uni, looking to tutor in the London area. After achieving an A in A-level maths, I have done tutoring for multiple GCSE students looking to either get back on track or to access the higher grades.
2017 – 2019 St. Paul’s School, London
3 A levels – History D2 (A* equivalent), Maths A, Politics B
2014 – 2017 King Edward’s Camp Hill School for Boys, Birmingham
10 GCSEs – achieved 5A* 5A (equivalent)
Tutored multiple students at GCSE level
• One achieved a level 7 after being predicted a 6
• Second student achieved a level 8 at GCSE and is going on to do maths and further maths at A level
Two weeks work experience in a start-up called ‘Cream’ in Birmingham
• Responsible for client relations and marketing
• Worked closely on business strategy with the management team
• Reported on which schools to target for the product (music services)
Shift experience at Little Blackwood in Moseley, Birmingham
• Worked in a small kitchen of three
• Responsible for all of the washing up as well as aiding the chef and sous chef
Produced and sold packs of cards as a side business
• Photographed flowers and edited the images to be used
• Researched and negotiated with different suppliers
• Marketed the cards to a local customer base
• Found a local charity to donate 10% of the profits to
Gained ‘highly commended’ in the Peterhouse, Cambridge Vellacott History prize for my essay on the Black Death
Various dinghy sailing awards, including Midland Youth Championship winner 2017
Microsoft Office – word, excel and power point
Music – Grade 6 in both piano and clarinet
Qualifications – Driving Licence
Previously involved in dinghy racing at a national level
Volunteered teaching maths at a local disadvantaged primary school in Barnes, London
Raised over £400 for Cancer Research UK and the International Bee Research Association via a sponsored swim
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$27||$23|
|5 hours||Not available||$39||$116|
|10 hours||Not available||$57||$232|