"I am among those who think that science has great beauty."- Marie Curie
Have you ever thought that you are simply not a science person? Probably more than once. This is because science, especially biology, can be complex and too vast. Therefore a bit overwhelming, with too much information, and too many branches to study.
During primary and secondary school we settle into those areas of knowledge that seem simpler, easier, and more fun to learn according to our learning style and learning pace. Those subjects were likely arts, physical education, music, and English.
But, you know what? biology and other sciences such as chemistry, physics, and mathematics are worth giving a new chance. The truth is that they are more useful than you can imagine and are present in all our daily life actions.
So, today we will see how students can get help to improve in biology and find a qualified biology tutor to brush up or consolidate their science skills in the Wellington area.
Get help and Motivation to Pass your NCEA Biology Exam in Wellington
If you are about to finish secondary school, you may need some help to pass your NCEA Level exams. As for biology, you can get help in Wellington by using different platforms such as:
- Study Time: It is an online platform dedicated to helping kids and teenagers make the most of high school. They are a combined team of tutors and students who deliver entertainment, advice and original resources to thousands of high school students every day.
- Pass Biology: This website aims to help all teachers and students in New Zealand understand and enjoy biology and help people pass the NCEA exams. It links to a variety of resources around the internet and you can ask questions to biology teachers by email.
In addition to this, if you have already decided that you want to pursue a major in biology, but you feel a bit lost, you can always attend the open days at the most prestigious universities in Wellington to study biology-related programmes:
Victoria University of Wellington: You can enjoy their open day for 12 Year students. Have a tour of the campuses and make sure you are choosing the right school subjects to be prepared for the first year of university. You will receive orientation about science majors you may be interested in and have a close look at the research facilities they have.
Otago University Wellington: They host different information evenings open to secondary school students and the public in general. Students can meet scientists and health professionals, get to know the labs and participate in some research activities. This is a good opportunity to see if science is your path.
The Main Reasons Why someone May Need a Biology Tutor
We all may agree that biology is a hard discipline to learn. However, it is so transcendental that at a certain point in your life, you will have to give it a chance.
Biology is a science that examines the structure, function, growth, origin, evolution, and distribution of living things. It also classifies and describes organisms, their functions, and how species have come into existence. Sounds boring, overwhelming? Well, as it involves everything around us and seems unavoidable, let's try to see the relevance of biology in our education in practical terms.
The following are the main four reasons why a person might seek the help of a qualified biology tutor:
- Succeed in the NCAE levels exams: The last year of secondary school could be overwhelming, with so many things going on, it could be difficult to concentrate and deal with stress. So don't be ashamed to ask for help. Many students hire a private tutor to succeed in the NCEA levels exams every year.
- Succeed in University: Even if you are not studying a biology-related programme, you may have biology courses if you study other majors such as psychology, teaching, anthropology or geography. Yes, biology is a cross-disciplinary subject that can be difficult to follow, especially when you thought you could get rid of it by choosing humanities degrees. Then, hiring a biology tutor will save your day!
- Change of career or career advancement: if you are tired of your monotonous dead-end job and you want to try something more challenging, you may need to acquire scientific thinking. Why not start with biology? After all, you learn biology your whole life during primary and secondary school, so you may have the basis. Therefore, if you changed jobs and need a deeper understanding of biological matters, our recommendation is to hire a tutor to review and brush up on your knowledge.
- Learn something new and relevant for daily life: Biology is present every second of our existence, as when we eat and our food begins its journey as a cud in our mouth and reaches our stomach to provide us with the necessary nutrients. In other words, learning biology is essential to understand life and to improve our habits, so we can be healthier and more knowledgeable. A private biology instructor can teach you all those things you always wanted to know according to your learning style.
If you live in another city such as Hamilton, we also have biology tutors there and in the whole country!
The Best Platform to Find Private Biology Teachers in Wellington
New Zealand is not only an amazing country for its vibrating cultural background and its beautiful landscapes. It is also a wonderful place to study since it proposes the most diverse and top educational programmes. It is particularly the case in the capital, Wellington. Indeed, the city places education at the centre of its preoccupation.
Therefore, biology teachers in the Wellington area have a very solid educational background. They all have studied up at least at a bachelor degree level in many different fields such as neurobiology, chemistry, human molecular genetics, biochemistry, microbiology, biotechnology, conservation biology, pharmacology, and toxicology. They all have teaching experience, whether at a primary school or secondary school level or even at the university level.
Our tutors will be able to help you get a better grasp of key concepts in quite specific subjects or more general ones. Of course, some tutors focus on training you for the NCEA level exams and some others on helping you out passing exams to get scholarships. But you can also find teachers who will just support your learning process and at the same time, improve your scientific skills and your grades.
In other words, at Superprof, you are in good hands. We are sure you will find the most suitable tutor. Since our biology instructors in the Wellington area, but also in other cities such as Tauranga or Manukau, propose courses for all budgets, you are bound to find one who matches your profile and doesn't hurt your wallet.
Why Choose a Biology Tutor at Superprof?
Over the last decade, many platforms, websites and applications have emerged to provide tutoring services in multiple disciplines or subjects. This makes the market quite competitive. This means that today you have many options to choose from. So what makes Superprof the best choice?
Well, Superprof is the perfect website to learn more than 1000 subjects, including biology, from our dedicated tutors. Whether you're a beginner in biology or are a more advanced learner, Superprof is the right place for you as our tutors will tailor their classes to your specific needs and requirements!
Since it was founded in 2013, Superprof has become a high-quality resource for all those who wish to find a qualified tutor. But, there is more:
- Affordable Prices: At Superprof, it doesn't matter if you are on a tight budget. You will find a tutor! For instance, the rate per hour of biology lessons varies from $10 to $50 depending on the tutor qualifications, experience and reviews from previous students.
- An Awesome Support Team: It is not very likely that you experience any problems with one of our teachers or while using our platform, but if it happens, here we are to support you! The Superprof customer service and help centre greatly assist students and tutors when it may be necessary. Also, our FAQ section is constantly updated to provide answers to all the issues that may occur.
- First Lesson Free: the great majority of our tutors offer their first lesson free of charge. As we want you to enjoy your learning experience, we want to be sure that the tutor you choose is the most accurate one. This way, the first lesson offered is essential to see if you get on well with your instructor.
Now that you know where to find the best biology tutor, we will provide you with some tips to take into account when choosing a personal educator:
- Set clear goals: Before starting your search on Superprof, you need to set clear goals. This way the platform will filter out those teachers who can not help you reach your specific aims.
- Have a set budget: It is important to know how much you are allowed to spend on private tutoring, before choosing a tutor. So, think about your ideal hourly rate and select the tutors that match your price!
- Online or In-person private lessons: Nowadays online tuition has become very popular, but if you are not fond of virtual lessons, you can always choose in-person classes with a tutor. It is important to have a clear view of the pros and cons of both learning methods, so you can put in balance which one suits you best.
- Ask the tutor questions: As you already know, most Superprof tutors offer their first lesson free of charge. This is meant for you to get to know the teacher, so asks as many questions as possible during this session to clarify all your doubts and see if you feel at ease.
" The good thing about science is that it's true weather you believe in it or not."- Neil deGrasse Tyson
If you follow all these tips, we are sure you will find the most suitable tutor for your needs and requirements on the Superprof site.
In conclusion, biology is one of the hardest disciplines to learn, not only during our school years but in life! Fortunately, Superprof has come to play to make your life easier. Yes, Superprof is here to help you out in biology and more than 1000 subjects! Stop finding excuses, start learning with us!
The platform that connects tutors and students