Do you live in Manukau and think the only way to get a biology tutor is to go to Auckland? Well, let me tell you that science knows no boundaries. Nowadays it is possible to learn in any part of the world.
While many other subjects change from one country to another, the principles of biology and science, in general, are the same on the whole planet. That's why biology is a compulsory subject in all schools, not only in New Zealand but everywhere. Moreover, biology is an interdisciplinary science that is often difficult to understand at the school or university level.
Today we will review how to find the best online biology tutors in the Manukau area.
What are The Advantages of Hiring a Private Tutor?
You may think that hiring a private tutor is just for wealthy people. In fact, that was long ago. The truth is that is no longer a privilege of the upper classes. Private tutoring has become more and more popular with the spread of the internet. Then, you may wonder about the benefits of private tuition. Well, there are many! Here we will tell you some of the advantages of hiring a biology teacher to improve your academic performance or just your general knowledge of science.
These are the main benefits of private tuition you can take advantage of as a student:
- Personalised classes: by having classes with a private tutor, students can decide what they want to learn or review and progress at their own learning pace without the pressure of other students. In this way, teachers get to know the learning style of their students and can adapt their teaching methodology to exploit their potential.
- Tips and tricks from experienced educators: The vast majority of private tutors have a lot of experience working in primary schools, secondary schools or universities. Therefore, they know the New Zealand education system very well. This is why they can give you the best advice and information you need to achieve your goals.
- One-on-one lessons: The maximum amount of students allowed in a science class in New Zealand is 26 students. So, of course, there may not be enough time for just one teacher to solve everyone's doubts. This is why private lessons exist! With one-on-one lessons, the student feels listened to all the time, appreciated and can ask questions as many times as needed.
- Re-enchantment of learning: Many students think the school system is pointless and a true waste of time. So, this is when charming private tutors come to play. Passionate private teachers can make you regain your will to learn with their dedication, dynamic lessons and a more fun approach.
- Improvement of your academic performance: as a result of all the previous reasons, you will improve your academic results by hiring a private teacher. In fact, many research studies have proved that those students who have taken private lessons have improved their results in different exams.
As you have seen, the advantages of private tuition are to be considered if you are struggling with biology or any other subject. Don't lose hope! Fortunately, Superprof has teachers in the Manukau area, and in other cities such as Hamilton and also in Tauranga, which is the fifth-largest city in New Zealand.
The Best Website to Find the Right Private Biology Teacher
“What we know is a drop, what we don’t know is an ocean.” - Isaac Newton
Manukau is just 20 kilometres south of Auckland. It is a wonderful place to study since it's home to well-reputed institutions such as the Manukau Institute of Technology ( MIT). Moreover, the South Campus of the University of Auckland and the South Campus of the Auckland University of Technology (AUT) are located in the Manukau area.
So, you can expect that most biology teachers in Manukau have a very solid formation in different branches of biology, such as neurobiology, chemistry, human molecular genetics, biochemistry, microbiology, biotechnology, ecology, pharmacology, and toxicology. But not only their formation is important. They also have quality teaching experience, whether at a primary school, secondary school or even at the university level.
" Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known" - Carl Sagan
Some popular options for private biology lessons in Manukau are the following:
- Homai Study Centre: They are located in the Manukau centre. They provide one-on-one tutoring services in different subjects, such as maths, English, chemistry, physics and biology. If you like in-centre tuition, this is a good option in the Manukau area.
- My Tuition: This tuition centre offers different kind of services, such as after school workshops, NCEA exams preparation courses, private tutoring at home, local public libraries or online. They also support local schools by creating programmes for refugee students to get to know the national curriculum.
- Find a Tutor: This website can help you find a biology tutor in Manukau and surrounding areas. Their platform offers tutors to students from primary school to university level. Lessons can be carried out in person or online.
However, we are sure you deserve the best, so you should find a Superprof biology teacher to help you achieve your goals, not only in Manunaku but in other cities such as Christchurch and of course in Wellington, the capital city.
Our Superprof tutors will help you brush up or consolidate your knowledge and skills in quite specific subjects such as biology and Maths. Moreover, most of our tutors are specialists in training students for the NCEA levels exams. And of course, you can also find teachers who will just support your learning process and at the same time, make you improve your scientific skills and your grades.
In addition to this, at Superprof, our biology instructors in the Manukau area propose courses for all budgets, so you are bound to find one who matches your profile and your finances. For instance, the hourly rate in Manukau goes from $5 to $50, depending on the teacher's experience, educational background and reviews. Also, our teachers provide, in 95% of the cases, the first lesson free of charge to get to know each other and set some goals. Thus, you can be sure you have chosen the most accurate tutor for your purposes.
You can also choose from in-person or online lessons with our Superprof tutors. All of them are flexible enough to even do both depending on your requirements.
“Every great advance in science has issued from a new audacity of imagination.” - John Dewey
How Do Online Biology Classes Work?
That's a good question. Biology seems to be a rather practical discipline to be learned in a lab. However, it is possible to have quality online biology lessons. In fact, the first year of the Covid-19 pandemic has proven that it is possible to study all subjects virtually.
First, students need to get familiar with the video-conferencing platforms. This is essential for the smooth development of the lesson. Once the students know how to manage there are their screens, use the virtual board and all the tools these apps provide, learning should just flow naturally.
“What I love about science is that as you learn, you don’t really get answers. You just get better questions.” - John Green
On the other hand, communication between the teacher and the student is fundamental. During the first lesson the tutor will come up with some ideas to conduct the course, but you can propose some ideas too. You can define together what kind of materials would be more accurate, such as a traditional paper book, an E-book, worksheets, etc. Also, if there's going to be practical activities you can define how to carry them out from home. You may need to get some extra implements and ingredients or some samples from your garden to make some experiments. Anyway, remember, communication is the key.
“An experiment is a question which science poses to Nature, and a measurement is the recording of Nature’s answer.” - Max Planck
In addition, good internet access will make things easier. For instance, your tutor may need to show you videos to illustrate some complex ideas and a poor internet connection may ruin the moment. So, we recommend you check your connection and navigation speed before hiring an online instructor.
Scientists are, in general, quite meticulous and organized, and they tend to apply these virtues to teaching. So, even if you are having online biology lessons, you are in good hands. They will be able of exploiting your skills and knowledge towards the development of scientific thinking.
Also, online learning can be cosier than traditional in-person learning. Who doesn't enjoy being at home on a cold rainy day while having a hot drink? Well, that's possible when you take online lessons!
If you are still not convinced about hiring a biology tutor, you can have a look at the Superprof website and see the comments and reviews other people have written for our instructors. Remember that most of our teachers provide the first lesson for free. So, you can at least give it a try!
Don't hesitate! Find your ideal biology tutor on the Superprof site now start a new learning adventure!
The platform that connects tutors and students