I encourage students by using number of different manuplatives, open ended questions, and cooperative learning. I am able to facilitate a highly interactive and inquisitive class atmosphere. I allow the students to ask as many questions they like about Mathematics.
I am a Mathematics teacher, proud recipient of a University Medal for soring Masters in Mathematics, have more than 20 years of teaching experience in seven different countries,excellence award winner for contribution made to education in USA, a NZ citizen and registered teacher in NZ.
A strongly motivated professional with over 30 years in the field of teaching Mathematics in 7 different countries across the globe. A recipient of many awards and honors. Delivers quality teaching to students and is an active ongoing learner.
Key Skills and Competencies
● Interpersonal skills
● Consistently meets goals
● Exceptional organizational skills
● Good Classroom Management skills
● Engaging personality and teaching style
● International Baccalaureate
● Algebra and Geometry
● Advanced Functions and Modelling
Qualification Year Duration
Masters of Science (M.Sc Mathematics with Calculus and Statistics) 1970 2 full academic years
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) 1966 4 full academic years
“Awarded the University Medal for scoring first position in Master of Science (Mathematics) Examination”
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) (Science and Mathematics)
Calculus Certification USA
Praxis II USA
Employer Whiteville High School
Role Upper High School Mathematics Teacher
Dates of Employment September 2000 to July 2018
Subjects Advanced Placement Calculus AB & BC, AP Statistics, Pre-Calculus, Hon. Algebra, Geometry, Advanced Functions and Modeling, Trigonometry, Math 1, Math 2, Math 3
Date of Employment Employer Role
1997 – 2000 Tikipunga High School – New Zealand Mathematics Teacher with Calculus and Statistics
1985 – 1996 International School – Bahrain Deputy Principal, Mathematics Teacher
1983 – 1985 Our English High School – Dubai Senior Supervisor, Mathematics Teacher
1982 – 1983 Green Fields College – Kenya Advanced Levels Mathematics teacher, Supt of Hostels
1975 – 1982 International School – Middle East Vice Principal, Mathematics Teacher
1972 – 1975 Modern School – New Delhi Mathematics
CERTIFICATION(s), REGISTRATIONS & AFFILIATION
● Registered NZ Teacher – NZEI (Registration no.175496)
● License for Teaching Mathematics – USA
● Recognized and honored for contributions made to the education of our Nation’s Youth, for excellence as a distinguished educator.
○ “Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers, U.S.A.”
● Recognized as a participant at the June 2009 and June 2010 College Board AP Reading scoring the AP CALCULUS Exam in Kansas City, MO, USA.
● Attended the In-service Training Program for Teachers of Mathematics (February 7-22, 1995).
● Advanced Placement Program Conferences in topics related to teaching a course in Calculus AB (December 7, 2000),USA.
● Completed 5 hours of multiple intelligences training (April 30, 2001),USA.
● Completed the intensive 32 classroom hour Teaching of Advanced Placement Program - La Salle University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (July 23-27, 2001),USA.
● Received instruction at an Advanced Placement Program Conference in topics related to teaching a course in Calculus - University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia (March 15, 2002),USA.
● Received a certificate of completion for "Schools Achieving Excellence with People" (August 1, 2002),USA.
● Attended Advanced Placement Program Conference in topics related to teaching a course in AP Calculus (October 24, 2003),USA.
● Awarded certificate of achievement for reaching the level of Cultural Exchange Diplomat in the VIF Cultural Ambassador Program (November 2002),USA.
● Attended Digital Content Consortium Conference - The University of North Carolina at Pembroke (March 27, 2004),USA.
● Attended Advanced Placement (Calculus) statewide Forum workshop at Durham Marriott Convention Centre (March 8, 2005),USA.
● Completed 27 hours training on Teachers Expectations and Students Achievements (May 5, 2005), USA.
● Attended NCCTM 35th, 36th, 39th, 40th, 41st, 42nd, 43rd, 44th,and 47th Annual Conference USA.
● Attended Workshop on using Technology for Classroom Organization and Management (Nov. 17, 2005 ),USA.
● Attended Workshop on PC Troubleshooting for teachers (May 4, 2006),USA.
● Attended Workshop on True Colors: Building a Good Relationship (August 22, 2006), USA.
● Attended Workshop on Information Technology for Education Professionals (June 4, 2007), USA.
● Completed the training of Teachers Improving learning with Technology (May, 2010), USA.
● Received an instruction at an Advanced Placement Conference in topics related to teaching a course in Calculus AB and BC (Combined), (October, 2015)
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$35||$35||Not available|
|5 hours||$175||$175||Not available|