- Hourly rate $59
- Response Time 4h
- Number of students 50+
Experienced tutor teaching online lessons in science subjects (physics, chemistry, basic science) and math
We have the best tutors. Quality of their profile, experience in their field. Petar will be happy to arrange your first Physics lesson.
About the lesson
The lesson itself is structured and tailored to each student according to his or her needs level and age, whether student needs help with the upcoming test or wishes to expand his knowledge.
I believe myself to be a patient and persistent teacher. One who puts much effort into getting students closer to the very understanding of different phenomena but also tries to encourage students into self engagement through thinking about the concepts.
I try putting things down to intuitive level, making science something less ethereal and more common and tangible.
I try to engage my students through conversation and discussion keeping their attention alert. I also use simulations and videos extensively, since simulations especially have proven to increase student's understanding of the matter.
Students are always given an opportunity and encouragment to solve the problem on their own, and if this turns out too be to difficult only than they are assisted. This way students are forced to think and are in the same time reassured.
I also use simulations and videos extensively, since simulations especially have proven to increase student's understanding of the matter.
- Natural Sciences
- High School
- NCEA Level 1
NCEA Level 2
NCEA Level 3
I have been successfully teaching physics, math subjects and chemistry to high school and college students as a private tutor for several years now. I've worked with all age groups, from elementary students to people in their retirement age, and with all kinds of different programs.
I have experience with IB, IGCSE, GCSE, A-levels, AP, university curricula and others.
I have taught many students, maybe even thousand by now since I work online most of the time.
All my students so far have been very pleased with me and got, I managed to help them get top grades in some cases and with many of them I stayed in contact.
Perfect! Petar is very friendly and interesting as a person, as well as a very knowledgeable and helpful tutor. We introduced ourselves properly and got to know each other a bit, which really improved the atmosphere of the lesson. The content was covered well, and all my problems were solved and questions were answered by the end of the session.
- Petar's response : Theo and I had an excellent lesson together. Theo is an excellent student with lots of interesting hobbies and interests. He is dedicated and focused and it is pleasure to work with him. I recommend him to every tutor.
Perfect! Petar is a great tutor and is clearly enthusiastic about the subjects he teachers. My son is really enjoying having lessons with Peter and is becoming more confident in the sciences every week. Petar explains scientific concepts very clearly and always ensures my son understand and feels confident in the topic before moving on. I have tried science lessons with other tutors on this platform and I am able to say that Petar is an excellent tutor and stands out from the others in his enthusiasm, patience and organisation.
- Petar's response : I enjoyed a lot teaching Tina's son Kian.
Kian is a bright, polite and focused student and it was a pleasure working with him.
I look forward to our future lessons and the interesting topics we are going to cover. I would also recommend him to any other tutor.
Perfect! he is very knowledgable and polite. a professional teacher as a whole
- Petar's response : I had a great few lessons with Kylie's son Akson. Akson is an excellent student, dedicated and organized, so much so that I started wandering if he needs my help at all. I would recommend him to any tutor.
Excellent! Wonderful teaching style. Gave plenty of examples to encourage better understanding.
- Petar's response : Brandy is an excellent student. She comes prepared, does her HW and is focused and disciplined. It was very easy to make arrangements with her and her parents. Great student to work with, I would highly recommend her to any tutor.
Perfect! Petar was very friendly and welcoming. He introduced himself at the beginning of the lesson and then eased into the work. He explained one or two chemistry topics that I needed help on and then we went through a paper discussing where I went wrong and trying to work out why. The first lesson was very helpful.
- Petar's response : I had a great, straightforward cooperation with Francesca and Nicolo. Nicolo is a very nice student, showing discipline and focus. He sent all the necessary materials on time and provided more on the lesson. With students such as him it is always a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend him to any tutor.
Perfect! Perfect! Petar prepared for the first lesson very well which was a very good start for Chelsie, thank you, Petar!
- Petar's response : Amanda and Chelsie were great. Amanda understanding and great for cooperation and Chelsie was an excellent student. She was on time focused and with questions prepared ahead so we could focus right away on the things she found important.
Perfect! Petar is extraordinarily methodical in his teaching of the syllabus. Perfect if you have a child who struggles to stay organised in his revision for GCSE’s. Petar is very knowledgeable in his subject and reports back to parents on strengths and weaknesses of your child from his own initiative.
- Petar's response : The arranged lesson went in excellent order. Everything was on time and Salahudeen was excellent student. It was a pleasure to work with him. I am glad we will be able to continue our work together.
Perfect! Amazing tutor that has various ways of teaching that can help the student a lot, he goes in detail with explanations and has a good personality.
Perfect! Petar is a experienced teacher. He has well prepared notes for the lesson. You can learn a lot from him.
- Petar's response : Kathy is an awesome student. She is very polite, focused and super nice. I recommend her to any tutor!
Perfect! Lessons are smooth and straight to the point. Combines historical background when teaching to help students to better understand. An overall excellent tutor!
- Petar's response : Excellent student, one of the most dedicated and disciplined students I had. The discipline and dedication Isaac shows is inspiring. I highly recommend him to any tutor.
Perfect! Petar is an excellent tutor for my boys studying A level and GCSE - it’s helping them both tremendously. Petar is kind and explains either Maths, Physics or Chemistry extremely well. I would highly recommend Petar
- Petar's response : Excellent cooperation. Students are bright, well mannered, punctual, they pay attention and are dedicated to learning. Looking forward to future lessons!
Perfect! Petar is a wonderful tutor. Henry’s learning has flourished in the few weeks he has been having lessons with him. Petar is very conscientious and knowledgeable, researching thoroughly the areas that Henry needed to improve on. The lessons are structured and most enjoyable and have given Henry a renewed interest in physics and chemistry. Thank you Petar!
- Petar's response : Had most wonderful cooperation with Henry and his parents. Henry is most wonderful student, focused and disciplined, always on time and respectful. His parents are wonderful people, full of understanding and so easy to cooperate with. I just hope I will prove worthy of their choice and help Henry achieve great grades.
Perfect! Excellent. Very helpful. Very nice explanation.
- Petar's response : Mira is an excellent student. Focused and interested one of the kindest and politest people I had a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend her as a student to any tutor.
Excellent! Passionate tutor with a strong background in science, notably physics. Easy to understand and talk to.
Perfect! Petar is excellent and is greatly helping my son in improving grades. I would totally recommend Petar as he makes the lessons enjoyable and is committed to really help the student. understand the subject.
- Petar's response : Enjoyed the lesson with Rachel's son Henrik. So far we have good cooperation, Henrik is a good student picking things up rather fast. Looking forward to our next lesson.
Excellent! Peter helps my son with Chemistry for GCSE. Peter is very supportive, gives good supervision, and at the same time keeps the pace of the lesson. I would recommend Peter as a tutor!
- Petar's response : I had great communication With Oksana and her son Danylo is a great kid and student. On time, focused and engaged. I recommend them to any tutor.
Excellent! Petar is a very kind and tough teacher who can you explain the hardest topics like for instance relativity theory. He is very engaged and an eloquent tutor, too.
- Petar's response : We made arrangements without any problems, we had excellent communication so far lesson and everything went in the best possible order. I recommend Michael as student to any tutor.
Perfect! Petar is an efficient and patient teacher. He explains difficult concepts in a way that is easy to understand. He uses many different software in order to assist in teaching which is quite helpful.
Perfect! Petar is an excellent teacher; he is patient, dedicated and pragmatic. I would recommend him!
- Petar's response : Angela booked several lesson with for her son Guglielmo.
Both her and Guglielmo were great to cooperate with.
Angela sent all the materials on time, Guglielmo was punctual and most dedicated student. We had quite a fast tempo but still he was maximally focused and dedicated.
It is easy to teach when you have students like that.
I do hope we will cooperate again in the future.
Perfect! My experience with Petar has been great, he is patient and an eye-opening teacher!
- Petar's response : David is a dedicated and responsible student.
He always tries to understand the problems we work on thoroughly and keep asking questions about similar cases. He is a dedicated student with whom above all is fun and easy to have lessons with. I would recommend him to any teacher.
See more reviews
Petar tutors me in College Physics, and is very knowledgable on his topics and is good at explaining concepts through using real life objects. He is also good at working through problems. I recommend him to anyone who is struggling in
a Physics course.
Petar was my statistics tutor for several classes, and not only could he solve any problem you gave to him, but he has a great talent to explain the material to different learning styles. I recommend him because this guy will always find an answer to your question, no matter how long it takes him. He is a true talent.
Petar has tutored me through two semesters of College Physics with Calculus. He is incredibly easy to work with, very knowledgeable, and teaches the right way to learn & problem solve. I have recommended Petar to people in my class, and Petar was actually recommended to me by my classmate who worked on Calculus with him! 10/10, thank you Petar!!!
Highly recommend! Petar is a highly pragmatic and knows his stuff. I wanted a tutor that could open up my eyes and make me feel like the subject was easy. I'm not too great at mathematics so he really made me feel confident and made me really 'understand' the topic. He explains things simply and gets to the point, that's my experience with him, so far i couldn't ask for more :)) give him a try!
I highly recommend Petar. He has a thorough understanding of the subject and passion for teaching. He is patient, punctual and dedicated and effectively uses technology for better learning outcome. My daughter, a 10th grade student, has developed a liking for the subject and her grades have improved a lot after she started taking lessons from him. We will continue taking his help.
Great communication and focus on task. Great knowledge of subject area( chemistry) very friendly. Missed 2 lesson out of 35. Great teacher and great compatibility with different platforms ( skype, Just talk ….)
Excellent tutor very good chemistry teacher. expert
Good knowledge of the subject matter.
I Mr. Petar by chance, and boy am I glad I did! Mr. Petar is a versatile teacher, who takes the time to make sure all the queries and interests of a student are quenched, even if they require a slight detour. He teaches topics that are set specifically to a students wants and needs and he also, very importantly, views his student as a human being, so every step he makes is carefully calculated to try to help the student grow as a happy person rather than stunt. He questions you when required, and is yet adequately light on you at the same time. So far I think I am pretty happy with him. Why don't you try?
View more recommendations
- 5h: $265
- 10h: $529
Learn more about Petar
When did you develop an interest in your chosen field and in private tutoring?
As a kid I always had as you would put it hunger for knowledge. I believed in generalist’s approach, that one should be acquainted with all fields of both science and humanities. In the end I found physics as most exact one and most intriguing one. As for tutoring I always felt I was good in teaching, explaining and generally presenting things to others. By the end of my bachelor studies I started teaching my first lessons to students in person and very soon online.
Tell us more about the subject you teach, the topics you like to discuss with students (and possibly those you like a little less).
I teach mostly physics since I am a physicist but since as a physicist, I had an extensive education in mathematics, I also teach maths subjects, and since I studied medicine for a year and had extensive education in chemistry, I teach general chemistry as well.
Topics I like to discuss most are astronomy related ones, since I find these most inspiring. In maths I like Geometry the most and in chemistry I like everything practical or closely related to physiology of human body. As for those I am less likely fond of, I would say it depends on the student. The students are sometimes less fond of some topics and they lack the motivation therefore to study these topics. It makes harder for a tutor it that case, but it is a challenge a good tutor faces.
Did you have any role models; a teacher that inspired you?
My role models as a child were mostly scientists like Nikola Tesla, Leonardo Da Vinci etc. I found their geniuses rather intriguing and inspiring. Later I would add many artists and writers in particular to this group.
What do you think are the qualities required to be a good tutor?
Patience, persistence, dedication.
Your goal needs to be helping your students understand the subject, but also take interest in it if possible.
Provide a valuable anecdote related to your subject or your days at school.
Breaking a chem glass after attempting the crystallization for the third time, just after promising I will try it just one more time and won’t break anything.
What were the difficulties or challenges you faced or still facing in your subject?
The main challenge I faced is the need to understand one can not always directly and visibly progress in knowledge of physics just as one can not always directly and visibly progress in sports, music or languages for example. All these disciplines take time and practice.
Do you have a particular passion? Is it teaching in general or an element of the subject or something completely different?
I don’t like using this word passion but I love writing, literature and film very much. I like teaching but to be honest I like literature and film more.
What makes you a Superprof (besides answering this interview questions :-P)
I think I am good with teaching and I aspire to find a fun and interesting ways to teach my students. I am persistent and I don’t give up on trying to make my students understand what I think is important. For everything else I’ll let my student judge.