I teach by creating links between concepts, and promoting a step-by-step approach to problem-solving. My goal as an educator is to be a facilitator of knowledge; to guide students towards making their own conceptual links with the subject matter, to foster a deeper sense of understanding.
I am an Education student at McGill University, with three years of experience in tutoring high school mathematics (grade 9-11), specializing in algebra and trigonometry. I've been teaching for more than eight years, including ESL group and private lessons, tutoring, and physical education instruction at elementary, high school, and cégep levels.
Payment must be made at the beginning of each lesson (except for the first 30-min lesson, which is a free trial to ensure tutor-student compatibility
• Instructor for Outdoor Education course practical outings (hiking, paddling, canoe camping, winter camping)
• Substitute teaching in Physical Education
• Developed English as a Second Language courses for children
• Animated activities at outdoor camps (canoeing, rabaska, indoor rock-climbing, aquatic activities, etc.)
• Worked with a wide variety of children ages 3 to 17, as well as families and adults
• Prepared curricula of English as a second language courses based on client needs
• Tutoring (high school algebra, history, and English Language Arts)
• Animated and taught in French and English
• Supervision of indoor pools & continental beaches
• Taught children ages 18 months to 16 years old, and private lessons with adults
• Maintained discipline while ensuring a safe and fun environment
• Developed lesson plans and pedagogical activities and games
• Evaluated students' progress based on predetermined criteria
• Supervised and evaluated student-teachers
• Accomplished in various genres, specializing in personal essays and non-fiction
• Set up and up kept two blogs 2013-2017 (both in French and in English)
• Sold the rights to a children’s picture book manuscript to an e-book company in New York
• Editing committee for material for teaching English as a second language, including a healthcare and social services bilingual dictionary
• Wrote a commissioned guide for lifeguards at summer camp
• Editor-in-chief for the VCSA Insider (2016-2017) – student-run newspaper
Community Service and Volunteer
• Volunteer at McGill Basketball Jamboree 2019
• Assistant coach, RAFALES swim team (2015-2018)
• Assistant-instructor for hiking and winter camping courses (Vanier College, 2016-2017)
• Co-founded and coordinated a bursary programme for graduating high school students
Champlain College, St-Lambert, QC 2019
Instructor, Outdoor Education
Commission scolaire des Samares, St-Felix-de-Valois, QC 2017 – present
Substitute Teacher, Physical and Health Education
Centre sportif et communautire de Brandon, St-Gabriel-de-Brandon, QC 2015 – 2018
Camp Bout en train, Chertsey, QC 2012 – present
Natation en forme, Joliette, QC 2012 – present
Académie linguistique LES MOTS-DITS ANGLAIS, Rawdon 2007 – 2012
Educator/Animator (children's programs)
Teaching assistant (adults' programs)
Editor, PETIT LEXIQUE DE LA SANTÉ ET DES SERVICES SOCIAUX, FRANÇAIS-ANGLAIS
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$28||Not available||$22|