- Hourly rate $60
- Response Time 24h
This teacher is currently unavailable
Experienced teacher gives Maths lessons in Gnosall. GCSE and A Level for AQA, Edexcel and OCR
- at her place
About the lesson
I have experience at teaching Maths KS3, GCSE and A Level for 30 years. I try to use a variety of methods to motivate students.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Maths KS3, KS4, A Level, IB
- Tell me about your qualifications.
BSc Maths, PGCE Maths
- How much do you charge?
£30 an hour for KS3 and GCSE. £30 an hour for A Level. Small groups 2-3 £40 per class of 1 hour.
- Where do you teach?
I usually teach at my home.
- When are you available?
I have taken early retirement from full time teaching and so am available Tues -Thurs evenings.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
KS3, GCSE, A Level and IB. I teach from 11 years to adult.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
KS3 SAT's, GCSE, A level also 11+ and 13+ if required.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I have Skype so that I can communicate directly. I have a number of PowerPoints to explain work. I also scan in solutions and communicate with tutees via e-mail. I have created interactive Excel resources so that students can answer work on-line and send in for marking.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I really enjoy tutoring. A number of tutees have introduced their friends or relatives. I try to teach in a way that suits you using a variety of styles.
- Test prep
- High School
- NCEA Level 1
NCEA Level 2
NCEA Level 3
- What kind of experience do you have?
20 years in schools teaching KS3, GCSE and A Level. 3 years adult classes and 7 years tutoring including IB.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have a CRB check.
- Where and with whom did you train?
University of Wales Aberystwyh B Sc
University of Reading PGCE
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I have about 20 students at the moment.
Some come every week and some come every fortnight. Leading up to the exams some came twice a week.
This year I have 7 AS and A2 students, 5 Year 11 students and the others are in Years 7-10.
Last year a number of my A Level students got Grade A at A Level.
- 5h: $300
- 10h: $600