I tailor the methodology, techniques and offerings to each of my tutees individually. Therefore, I offer a free 30 minute consultation with each tutee before we start working together, in order to assess the correct course of action.
Depending on the outcome of the preliminary session, we might proceed with a more writing-heavy strategy, or perhaps spoken discussion and creative debate. It's all case-sensitive. Nonetheless, all progress will be tracked and monitored for the purposes of success. Homework will also be set, and further reading encouraged.
* I am very friendly, patient and personable! A creative at heart with an analytical mindset, I will help you achieve the best results both in your work, but also in yourself. Success is about self-belief, confidence and also, enjoyment. *
I do encourage groups of tutees (perhaps in the same class at school) to come for sessions together, as co-creation workshops and discussion can lead to more varied, dynamic insights!
Looking forward to hearing from you –
Hello! I'm Camilla.
I graduated from top academic institution, The University of Edinburgh, in 2016 – at the very top of my class with a First Class MA in English Literature. I also received a First Class certification in my academic dissertation. Samples of my work are available for your viewing if necessary.
- During my time as a student, I tutored many primary and secondary level school children – as well as my peers.
- In the three years since my graduation, I have been working as a Creative Strategist and Writer in New York, Berlin, Sydney for top brands including Google, Twitter, Skype, Audi, Campari Aperol, Nikon and more. As a result, I am able to tutor future students both in academic English, but also professional/industry English.
- I am well versed in the study of English, American and Commonwealth Literature (poetry, prose, theory) from the 1400's to the present day.
- At the University of Edinburgh, students study 'outside subjects' for two years on top of their main degree. My outside subjects related to English Literature included European Theatre and Prose, Russian Literature, French Literature, Japanese Literature and Culture, Film.
- Other outside subjects included French Language, Sociology, International Law, Sculpture, and Entrepreneurship.
I offer English Literature Tutoring for:
- Pre + Primary School
- Secondary School and 6th Form
- University level including thesis + dissertation tutoring
- Corporate, professional and creative tutoring
- Proofreading and editing of work at all levels, both academic and professional
- Presentation skills
My average rate is £20, but for Primary School students, I charge £15.
I also can proofread, edit and correct written work outside of sessions. This will cost £15 an hour.
If travel to your home is required, I will charge the travel expenses (bus or tube fare).
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest dissertation and thesis preparation lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, french language and literature lessons for all!
Taking proofreading lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|