"For the average home-user, anti-virus software is a must...It checks your system to see if anything needs to be patched." -Kevin Mitnick
After buying a new computer, many individuals are incredibly excited and do not necessarily want to think about having to purchase security software that offers real-time protection for their PC or MAC. That ruins the fun and brings us back down to planet earth where bad things frequently happen even to those with the best intentions.
Nevertheless, AV programs must be downloaded on antivirus free computers and used ASAP to fight the constant threat of viruses since, to be honest, no significant progress has been honestly made in the past decade to control the spread and evolution of computer bacteria.
However, since there are so many antivirus products on the market offering total security, some may pose the question, which anti-virus software do I choose?
Do not worry UK citizens, Superprof is here to save the day by providing all readers with a thorough description of what is anti-virus, what are the best ones to buy or download for free, and what are some of the essential tips to use your new AV system or security suite correctly.
What is Anti-Virus?
Since we live in an increasingly wicked world where nothing is sacred and private, many hackers and other computer users have used their talents to create viruses that serve the purpose of destroying your computer and hacking privacy.
How can a computer virus be contracted?
Viruses are malicious virtual creatures that can be contracted in several ways: email attachments, during file downloads from the internet, or even by visiting a contaminated site.
If you're unsure about an email that you have received; don't open it! These harmful viruses usually work by associating themselves with a legitimate program that runs the virus' code.
Also, it is essential to state that the term malware covers all the types of computer viruses that may be experienced such as worms, trojans, adware, ransomware, browser hijackers, key loggers, backdoors, spyware, and many other dangerous virtual bugs.
We are no longer safe; the internet and computer systems have created a whole new set of issues that need to be constantly fixed!
Therefore, to fight dangerous computer infections, antivirus software or malware removal software has been invented to protect your computer from harm.
Users do not have to be too afraid since there are many antivirus software that has been created to prevent, detect, and remove malware from any computer.
When the internet was first established, no antivirus software systems were found anywhere. Nevertheless, in the late 1980s, computer viruses were detected, and malware systems were established. For example, in 1987, John McAfee founded the McAfee company and released the first version of VirusScan. McAfee was not the only software developed; there were a few more. However, it's important to state that antivirus software did not become widely popular and used until the late 90s and early 2000s.
But how are viruses detected? What identification methods are used?
Well, for those who do not have a thorough knowledge of technology, understanding antivirus software may be complicated. Nevertheless, there have been several methods developed to improve malware detection, such as sandbox detection and data mining techniques.
All in all, in concluding this section, it is important to state antivirus, or antimalware software is necessary on every computer to combat damaging computer illnesses and bacteria that is so prevalent in today's world.
But do I really need antivirus software?
Yes, you do! It's virtually impossible to avoid all viruses on your computer without an anti-malware. Don't question it, go out and buy one or better yet, download one for free! The following subheading will discuss the best anti-viruses that protect against dangerous computer issues and can be purchased or downloaded entirely free of charge.
Computer troubleshooting: what's that?
The Best Anti-Viruses on the Market
Alright, so you've just spent a few hundred or a few thousand pounds on a new computer and want to guard it with your life. You understand the benefits and the overall need for purchasing an antivirus software with all the security essentials but are unsure of the one to choose since there are so many options available on the market.
Don't fret, Superprof has found the most highly recommended anti-viruses currently available for purchase and for free.
Without further ado, the following anti-malware are 2019's best options for purchase:
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2019: viewed by many reliable online sources as the best anti-malware system on the market today. Some of the pros include ransomware protection, privacy tools, VPN, Safepay, the overall accuracy of the software, password manager, and the low-cost yearly subscription at only £19.99. Although this is the best antivirus software available for purchase, since nothing is perfect, there are some flaws such as the fact that it is only available on Windows and can be resource hungry. Check out this link to download this software on your UK-based and registered PC.
- Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus: hailed by various users and computer experts as the most lightweight programme around. Some of this software's most significant advantages that are much appreciated by both PC and Mac users include always-on security, identity protection, real-time anti-phishing, firewall monitor, the fact that this system only grabs about 2MB of your hard drive, and it's lightning fast speed! Some disadvantages may include the fact that there is no testing data from the top labs. But the fact that Webroot is simple to use costs only £22.79 per year for one device, and offers a 100% 70-day guarantee makes it one of the best antivirus software on the market!
Nevertheless, even though the two previously mentioned options are incredibly affordable, some individuals do not want to spend money on things they know they can download for free. Therefore, without further ado, to ensure that all readers are satisfied, the following are the best free antivirus systems to fight against malicious software:
- Kaspersky Free Antivirus: according to many online experts, this is one of the best free anti-malware software currently available for download. Nevertheless, since Kaspersky is a company that seeks to make money on the AV software that they sell, it is quite challenging to find the free program offered on their site. However, when users finally find the software, they will be satisfied using this unbeatable program that is available for PC. Nevertheless, it is essential to state that the free antivirus that Kaspersky offers is very basic without any outstanding features.
- Avast Free Antivirus: some of the pros that are much appreciated by users include the fact that it's loaded with extra features, highly customizable, and is accessible for a VPN client. However, since it's free, there are some cons such as so-so malware protection and possible privacy concerns, but hey, you get what you pay for! With that being said, for a free AV software, it's one of the best on the market that should be strongly considered.
The previously mentioned options are only a few of the many available for purchase and download. For example, there are many companies that specialize in internet security and offer antivirus protection software such as Avira, Sophos, Comodo, AVG Antivirus, and Windows Defender.
Nevertheless, before choosing antivirus software, it's essential to thoughtfully analyze your budget and see if you can splurge an extra £20 or £30 per year. We highly recommended buying an AV system since the ones that are purchased provide a great deal more of protection, privacy, and the ability to fight new emerging threats. Don't be cheap, pay the extra money and invest in endpoint protection; your computer will thank you!
Want to construct a personalised computer?
Tips For Using an Anti-Virus Effectively
You have chosen one of the best antivirus programs and now feel safer from cyber threats and virtual computer illnesses than ever before. Nevertheless, it is essential to state that the simple act of buying an AV software will not protect your computer from viruses.
Well, there are specific steps and helpful tips that need to put into practice to effectively use your anti-malware software and ward off malicious bugs, worms, trojan horses, or viruses. By applying the following tips and tricks, your professional and efficient AV software will keep yucky germs at bay and ensure that your computer is a healthy one:
- Regularly Update the Software: this tip cannot be stressed enough, by periodically keeping your AV software up to date, the anti-malware system recognizes new threats and viruses that have recently developed on the internet. And since the wicked never rest, there will always be new virtual bacteria to fight off. Therefore, if the software is not regularly updated, it will not be able to prevent further threats, and your computer will most likely be infected. Remember that preventative measures are easier to manage than damage control.
- Systematically Scan Your Computer: to take advantage of your AV software and ensure that your computer has the best security possible, regularly scan your entire computer or individual sections such as critical areas, files, folders, and local discs. Period scanning dramatically helps reduce the risk of threats.
- Become Familiar With Technical Terms: by having extensive knowledge of the tools offered on your anti-malware system and the viruses they fight, you will use all of them effectively and be protected from threats such as phishing, data theft, and possible infections from USB drives.
By successfully applying the previously mentioned tips, you will prevent nasty threats and viruses from infecting your PC or MAC device; good health to your computer!
Are there techniques to increase overall computer speed?
The platform that connects tutors and students