I believe that learning is more effective when it is active; Active teaching encourages active learning. Students should be active participants in the learning process, and teachers should be the facilitators.
Teachers are role models who must inspire and encourage students to reach their fullest potential and see the best in them.
I am a elementary/high school teacher for over 8 years across various cities in Canada. I have completed and possess two bachelor degrees (Bachelor in History and Bachelor in Education) and am pursuing a Masters. I have also lots of experience tutoring online throughout many countries in the world, including China and U.S.
Teacher, Centennial Academy, (Montreal, Quebec) 2019-Present
• Assisted in putting together a History curriculum for Seniors, and appropriate instruction based on the Universal Design Learning UDL
• Provided a classroom environment which promotes active learning in various subject areas, particularly History
• Integrated intentional technology into classroom instruction with the use of various online platforms (i.e zoom)
• Making students profiles with a Student Success Team, based on assessments and determine support plans
Head Teacher, Columbia Academy, (Vancouver, British Columbia) 2018-2019
• Taught a full course of ELL (8-12), Social Studies (9-12), English (8-10) classes in accordance to the curriculum
• Responsible in taking initiative in several school clubs, and receiving “Best Club Award”
• Designed and coordinated hands-on activities to encourage critical thinking skills and active learning.
• Developed a variety of assessments to fairly monitor student progress including: peer assessments, self-assessments, self-reflection, quizzes, unit tests, and inquiry projects.
• To ensure that the progress of individual pupils is assessed, recorded, reported and supported
• To establish and maintain excellent communication throughout the school community, internally and externally
Teacher, Byrne Creek Community School, (Burnaby, British Columbia) 2018
• Taught a full course load of ELL (8-12), Learning Support (8-12), and English 8 classes in accordance to new curriculum
• Created lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
• Providing individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
• Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students
Teacher, Burnaby North Secondary School, (Burnaby, British Columbia) 2017
• Delivered Social Studies lessons in accordance to the new curriculum for Grades 9-12.
• Modified the curriculum for English Language Learners (ELL) and several Special Education students within the regular education classroom, with the aid of several inclusive strategies.
• Successfully incorporated the First Nations Principles of Learning within lessons.
• Actively involved in the school community, assisting the Boy’s junior and senior soccer team, educational trips, and the Aboriginal Success Club.
• Use differentiated learning needs to ensure all students are learning at full potential
Teacher, Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School, (Vancouver, British Columbia) 2017
• Planned and instructed Social Studies and Film Grade 9-10 level using wide variety of teaching aids, strategies, and thematic units.
• Constructed engaging lessons plans that incorporated a mixture of technology, critical thinking, and creative hands-on activities.
• Implemented cooperative learning techniques and provided individual instruction to meet the needs of students with diverse learning styles.
• Attended a variety of professional development workshops centered on learning goals, classroom management, student motivation, and engaging learning activities
• Responsible for teaching, testing, grading, assessment, parent communication.
Editing Assistant for Historiae, Concordia University (Montreal, Quebec) 2014
• Assisted in compilation of undergraduate History essays for publishing every semester
• Responsible for editing and formatting on MS Publisher
Teacher, Messifta School (Montreal, Quebec) 2013
• Created own curriculum in compliance with government expectations for grade four level
• Managed classroom of 20 students
• Conceived several innovative after-school programs that included sports, and tutoring
• Received excellent performance evaluations
Tutor and Volunteer, Tyndale St-Georges Community Centre (Montreal, Quebec) 2012-2013
• Tutored in elementary to secondary school level math, social studies, and English
• Recreation animator for adolescent basketball and other sports classes
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest geography lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, sociology lessons for all!
Taking philosophy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$33|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$165|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$331|