I use a variety of teaching methodologies depending on what I am teaching. However for an English language class I mostly use a communicative method of teaching. Where students engage with the language in an interactive and real life way.
English language teacher in class and online.I have been in the teaching environment for over 25 years in various countries around the world where I taught English as a Second and foreign language. I presently teach online courses to Chinese students from the University of NEFU in Harbin, China. I have also taught newly resident, non-residents and refugees, English as a second language for English Language Partners in New Zealand. Here I taught a General English course, an English for Employees course and IELTS to learners from various countries around the world, at all levels and ages.
1. March 2020 – AEMG: Online foundation skills and academic English language programme teaching to Chinese students planning to study in New Zealand. Harbin, North Forestry University
2. February 2019 – February 2020 English Language Partners NZ: English language teacher to new per- manent residents and ex-refugees. Students are at all levels from Beginner to IELTS. I also teach an English for Employees course for employees new to the New Zealand workforce and the New Zealand work environment.
3. February 2017 – 2019 Te Wananga O Aotearoa: English Literacy and Numeracy Teacher: I taught Eng- lish literacy and numeracy to male prison inmates at Northland Corrections Facility at Ngawha. I also assisted non-resident inmates who have limited English language skills with an ESOL programme.
4. February - August 2013. MVN International, Auckland. Co-Owner/ Student Recruiter and Support.
5. October 2011 - October 2012. Princess Nora University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Teacher: Academic Skills and English Language
Preparatory Year (PYP) English language teacher for Pre-Intermediate and Intermediate English learning levels. I taught students needing to improve their English language levels for University en- trance. I also taught Academic Language Skills for Intermediate students. Students were Saudi Arabian females between the ages of 18 to 35.
5. February 2010 - October 2011, Sheffield College of Studies, Auckland, New Zealand.
Teacher: English Language teacher for Intermediate level and IELTS teacher.
I assisted with teacher observations, critiquing and counselling of TESOL students. I assisted in Professional Development programmes helping student teachers to improve on their teaching techniques and methodology. Students were of varying age groups and many different nationalities. I supported stu- dents in their studies as well as helping them in a pastoral care capacity for example assisting with obtain- ing homestays, job-searches and other personal issues they felt they could share with me. I participated in after school activities accompanying students to various places in and around Auckland.
6. October 2009 - January 2010, Literacy Training Limited, Palmerston North.
Tutor: Literacy and numeracy tutor to prison inmates. Work based skills tutor to employees in various work places like the Palmerston North City Council. I created and developed learning and teaching modules for these sectors. I also critically evaluated and reworked teaching modules used in the work place and prisons.
7. September 2007 - July 2009, Sheffield English Language School, Auckland.
Director of Studies (DOS) and English language teacher: My responsibilities as the DOS, were academic and administrative in nature with specific focus on:
Personnel and tutor development through intensive professional development programmes.
Human Resources – employing, mentoring and managing teachers and administrative staff.
Course and programme development. The development and upkeep of the academic integrity of all courses offered in accordance with NZQA (New Zealand Qualifications Authority) standards. Student recruitment and marketing of the college to overseas agents.
Ensuring the effective implementation of the Code of Practise for International students.
• • •
8. January - June 2007. The Hill High School, Johannesburg, South Africa. Teacher: English as a First Language Years 9 and10.
9. July 2005 - July 2006. The International School Of Choueifat, Beirut, Lebanon. Teacher: English as a First Language and Social Studies to Years 9 and 10.
10. June 2003 - December 2004. Diversity High School, Johannesburg, South Africa. Teacher: English as a First Language to years 9, 10 and 11.
11. March 2000 - August 2002. Yangae ECC English Centre for Children, South Korea Teacher: English for foreign language students between the ages of 4 and 16 year.
12. February 2000 - January 2001. Royal Academecian English School, Taiwan Head teacher of all levels, to students between the ages of 3 and 14 years
13. October 1993 - December1999. The English Language Institute, South Africa. Academic Director and Teacher: English as a second and Foreign Language
14. February 1993 - September 1993.The English School, Durban, South Africa. Teacher: English as a Second and Foreign Language to adults of all ages and all levels.
15. July 1992 - December 1992. Quantock Language Centre, Rome, Italy. Teacher: English as a Foreign Language to all age groups.
vocabulary - english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest esol (english) lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$40|