I am a teacher with a big heart for students with special needs. I use student-focused approach, lecture, demonstration, drill, and assessment. I always start my session with rapport-building with my students and assessing their level of learning/knowledge in a specific subject area. From this, I build my teaching strategy to meet the learning needs of my students. I employ total communication, that is, the use of oral and sign language in the delivery of my lessons.
I am a Special Education Teacher handling multi-grade secondary Deaf students in the Philippines for more than ten (10) years. I teach different subjects, such as, Math, Social Studies, Technology & Livelihood Education, Entrepreneurship, and Values Education. But my most favourite subject to teach is Math, particularly, Algebra.
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology (1998) at Mindanao State University, Marawi City, Philippines
- Master of Arts in Teaching - Special Education (2009) at the University of the Visayas, Cebu City, Philippines
- Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation (2018) at Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne,
- Special Education Teacher (Dec 2009 to present) at Agusan National High School, Butuan City, Philippines
- Human Resource Staff (May 1999 to Jan 2010) at Shemberg Biotech Corporation
*Relevant Seminar/Training Programs Conducted in the last five (5) years:
- Webinar on Special Education Curriculum and Learning Competencies (July 7, 2020)
- Accommodations for Deaf Students in the Virtual Classroom (Nov 16, 2020)
- Virtual Sign Language Training (Sep 15-18, 2020)
- Re-Entry Action Plan: Deaf Entrepreneurship Program (June 6, 2019 - Mar 20, 2020)
- Seminar on How to Assist Persons with Hearing Impairment (Nov 21, 2019)
- Sign Language Training-Workshop: “Sign Language Rights for All” (Aug-Sep 2019)
- Symposium on Deaf Awareness and Basic Sign Language (Nov 14, 2018)
*Major Achievement, Citations, Recognition and Awards
- Certificate of Achievement for Completing a Re-Entry Action Plan: Deaf Entrepreneurship Program (2020)
- Golden Torch Award – Outstanding Secondary Special Education Teacher in the Region Level (2019)
- Outstanding SPED Teacher (Secondary) in the Division Level (2019)
- William Lye Prize (2018)
- Australia Awards Scholarship (Jan 2017 - July 2018)
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$16|