As far as tutoring lessons go, I use my tutoring time to clear up misconceptions/ firm up important ideas that have been missed. I use a range of resources and strategies to make sure the student leaves with a better understanding of the content then when they walked in. I then make sure the student has some resources to help them shore up their understanding when they are away from me.
I have been Head of Stats at Mount Albert Grammar School, and then, more recently, at Mount Roskill Grammar School. I have also taught Scholarship Stats for the last 6 years, with about half my students getting Scholarships every year. I usually build strong relationships readily with my students and am always eager for them to do well.
Nov 2009: Bachelor of Arts (Majoring in Mathematics and
Minoring in Statistics) From the University of Auckland.
Graduated with an A-/B+ Grade Point Average.
Dec 2012: Graduate Diploma in Teaching (Secondary)
From the University of Auckland
Graduated with an A Grade Point Average.
Jan 2013 – Dec 17 Mount Albert Grammar School
Role: Head of Statistics
• Teacher-In-Charge of 11 Statistics Standards taught across Year 12 and Year 13.
• Role could involve managing up to 13 teachers at one time, though more commonly 8 or 9 at one time.
Role: Teacher in Charge of Scholarship Statistics
• 1st year: 28 students.
Results: 13 scholarships, 1 of them was an Outstanding Scholarship.
• 2nd year: 27 students
Results: 13 Scholarships, 3 of them were Outstanding Scholarships.
• 3rd year: 27 students
Results: 11 Scholarships, 2 of them were outstanding
Role: Teacher in Charge of BYOD
• Developed a major source of BYOD resources for the mathematics department at Mount Albert Grammar School.
• Maintained the MagsMaths website
Jan 2018 – present Mount Roskill Grammar School
Role: Teacher-In-Charge of Y13 Statistics
• Teacher-In-Charge of 5 Statistics Standards taught in Year 13.
• Played a supporting role in the statistics standards taught across Y11 and Y12
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$50||Not available||$50|