I always encourage students to talk in the language studied, and only revert back to English if absolutely necessary. I believe that it is through speaking and listening, and trial and error, that a student truly develops language skills.
Depending on the level, I focus a lot on grammar and vocabulary during the sessions, and try to keep exercises fun and interactive. I also give out homework for the next session, to ensure there is continuity in the learning process.
Having done my undergraduate in Durham, UK, I am currently pursuing a Masters in Management at London Business School. I am Portuguese-Italian, and went to a french school from age 3-18. During high school, I tutored about 6h a week, in French, Physics, Biology and Math, and am looking forward to teach again!
2018 - 2019 London Business School
Reading for Masters in Management degree
Modules include: Financial Accounting: Finance: Data Analytics; Strategic, Decision and Risk Analysis
Awarded Santander Scholarship
2015 - 2018 Durham University, Durham, United Kingdom
BA Philosophy, Politics and Economics, First Class Degree
2001 - 2015 Lycée Français Charles Lepierre, Lisbon, Portugal
French Baccalaureate in Science, Specialised in Maths and Languages, 18.8/20
Fluent in: Portuguese, Italian, French, English and Spanish
2017 UNILEVER, Lisbon, Portugal
Consumer and Market Insight Summer Intern (2 months)
2016 HOTEL LISBOA PLAZA, Lisbon, Portugal
Hospitality Summer Intern (1 month)
• Mediated as a translator under pressure when addressing requests and complaints of guests and providers at reception and management level in 5 different languages
• Compiled an efficient translation manual system to restructure employee/guest communication, by gathering most commonly used expressions in frequent visiting languages
2014 - 2015 HIGHSCHOOL STUDENT ASSOCIATION, Lisbon, Portugal
President of Student union of Lycée Français Charles Lepierre
Further work experience: Bartender and Security manager at The Undercroft Bar, Durham, UK; Translator of research for a PhD Student, Tutor in French, Biology, Chemistry and Physics
• Achievements: Social Secretary of University College Lacrosse Club (2016-2017); President of Sparkle Society (2016-2017); Vice President of the School Council (2014-2015); Class Representative (2009-2015); International Freshers Representative for Durham University, Member of University College Event Planning Team
• Volunteering: Meal Leader for Castle Community Action, cooking a weekly 3 course meal to those in need; Nursery assistant at Ajuda de Mãe; Volunteer at Banco Alimentar Contra a Fome, LBS Impact Consulting project team member
• Sports: Swimming, free surfing, active team member of mixed lacrosse and squash clubs
• Interests: Reading, writing short stories, diving, travelling
oral expression - french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral comprehension - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension -french lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$39||Not available||$39|
|5 hours||$176||Not available||$195|
|10 hours||$312||Not available||$390|