- Hourly rate $72
- Response Time 24h
This teacher is currently unavailable
Ruaidhri - Southall - Music Theory
- at his place
- at your home
About the lesson
I am a graduate of the prestigious Royal College of Music and currently working as an independent music professional and educator in the vibrant city of London.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
• Academic support
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Royal College of Music, London
• Integrated Masters in Advanced Composition (MMus with Distinction)
Sep '08 –July '10
Queen's University, Belfast
• Bachelor's Degree in Music (BMus 2:1)
-Specialising in Violin and Composition
Sep '03- July '06
• Violin Grade 8 (Distinction)
• Piano Grade 7 (Distinction)
• Douglas and Hilda Simmons Scholar 2008 - 2010
- How much do you charge?
• 30 minutes: £20.00
• 60 minutes: £35.00
- Where do you teach?
I teach across London to accomodate home visits, primarily based in the boroughs of Ealing and Kensington & Chelsea.
- When are you available?
Please contact me directly to availability of different time slots.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
• All ages and levels
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
• ABRSM and other equivalent gradings
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
• Correspondence courses in composition (including orchestration, arrangement and theory) are available via my website.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I work as a professional composer and teacher in London having trained at the Royal College of Music, studying Advanced Contemporary Composition.
Lessons are flexible and goal-driven with emphasis on:
• Performance-driven practice
• Aural Skills
• Practical application of Theory
• Composition Techniques
Flexibility is key to learning so feel free to call and discuss what shape you would like your lessons to take!
- Music Theory
- All Levels
- What kind of experience do you have?
• 8 years of classroom and private teaching experience.
• Pupils are taken through ABRSM Violin and Piano from Beginner to Advanced.
• Excellent track record with GCSE, AS and A Level students in academic and composition modules on a variety of syllabi.
• Experience as Music Workshop Assistant
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
• Royal Philharmonic Society
• Performers Rights Society
• Sound and Music
- 5h: $360
- 10h: $720