I like to base my classes around conversation as I have found that speaking the language is often the hardest part of learning a foreign language and the part of language learning that tends to be neglected at school due to the vast number of students in classes. One on one conversation in the target language will often improve the pupil's confidence and augment their oral capabilities at school. I like to start with word games and competitions as this makes language learning interesting. After capturing the attention of the student, I then like to tackle the grammars of the language.
I have worked as a private English tutor for both individual and small group (3 pupils) lessons in France. These students went on to get their Cambridge English as a foreign language certificates for A1 language level. Having lived in France several times and taught in schools there, I am not only fluent in French but I am also able to find innovative ways of aiding children's learning.
Having just finished my bachelor’s degree in French and German at the University of Bristol, I’m a highly organised individual with excellent communication and speaking skills. I work well both individually and in teams and am always willing to take on new challenges and learn new things, allow me to make positive contributions to the workplace.
University of Bristol, 2015-2019
2:1 achieved in BA French and German (Joint Honours)
Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel (Kiel University), Germany, September 2017-February 2018
Study abroad (ERASMUS exchange from University of Bristol), studying French and German
Kings Norton Girls’ School and Sixth Form, Birmingham, September 2008-June 2015
A Level 2014-2015 3 A*-A grades in Maths, Biology and French
GCSE 2012-2013 10 A*-A grades, including Maths, English and Science
July 2019 – present Keyholder, Kafenion, Birmingham
• Coffee making
• Serving customers
• Taking payments
• Opening and closing the café
July 2018 – June 2019 Front of House Staff, Quay Street Diner, Bristol
• Greeting and serving customers
• Taking payments
• Hosting private parties
• Bartending and coffee making
March – July 2018 Private English Tutor, Guingamp, France
• Individual and small group lessons with French children aged 10-15
• Lesson preparation and delivery focusing on oral competence (lesson plans adapted to needs of each individual student)
• Monitoring student rate of improvement through regular tests
March – July 2018 English Language Assistant, Le Collège-Lycée Notre-Dame, Guingamp, France
• Teaching English in a French school to students aged 12-22
• Lesson preparation with focus on all language areas
• Independently leading classes and using innovative ways to engage students
• Preparing students for their Baccalaureat (French equivalent of A Levels), and students preparing for CEFR level tests, e.g. Cambridge Movers (A1)
July 2017 Au Pair, Claviers, France
• Working (and living) in an all-French environment
• Performing childcare responsibilities according to family’s wishes
• Teaching English
July – December 2016 Barmaid at The Cadbury Club, Birmingham
• Working in a fast pace environment to serve drinks to (sometimes impatient) customers and diffusing difficult situations
• Taking payments from customers
July – December 2016 Online Shopper and Checkout assistant at Sainsbury’s, Birmingham/Bristol
• Early (4am) starts
• Working within a time limit to put orders together online shopping orders
• Assisting customers requiring help
• Greeting, scanning shopping and taking payments from customers
July 2015 Intern at Rodier (Women’s Clothing Shop), Bordeaux, France
• Working in a foreign environment
• Greeting customers and enhancing their shopping experience
• Working on displays and ensuring that the shop was always in line with the brand image
July 2012 and July 2014 Intern at PwC Financial Services, Birmingham Office
• Shadowing members of the ex-patriot tax compliance team
• Completing excel tasks within a time limit
• Successful delivery of solo and group presentations followed by Q&A
February – July 2017 Group Assistant, Bristol Area Stroke Foundation, Bristol
This involved helping to run weekly group activities for stroke victims to aid their return to life post-stroke. I really learnt a lot from this experience about strokes and aphasia and loved working with the group members, with whom I formed good relationships.
January 2014 – July 2015 Languages Ambassador, Kings Norton Girls’ School, Birmingham
This role involved running lunchtime and after school French clubs for younger students, assisting teachers in French lessons and representing the languages department at public events.
July - August 2013 Stock Room Assistant, Acorns, Birmingham
In this role, I helped in the stock room, organising donations into appropriate categories and steaming and labelling items ready to go out onto the shop floor.
Achievements, Hobbies and Skills
• UK driver’s license since 2015
• Recreational guitar player for over 10 years
• Social secretary for University of Bristol German Society 2018-19
• Bristol PLUS award
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|