I try to explain the general context for every topic making analogies with daily life routines and experiences , including jokes or any other strategy to catch the attention of the students
I have a background in biology, coaching and environmental sciences, I have practice in data analysis and inferential statistic assays, as well. I have more than 10 years work experience which includes: ecological sampling, restoration, collaborative partnership, strategic planning, community engagement and conservation.
I am looking for a 20 hours per week position, while I am studying to improve my understanding of the local context and management of resources. I am keen to share professional knowledge, develop my career in New Zealand and positively impact the community and environment.
University of Chile Faculty of Sciences
• Master of Biological Sciences (MSc) NZQA Level 9 2012 - 2015
• Biologist, with a major in Environment 2010
• Bachelor of Biological Sciences (BSc) 2004 - 2009
#180 in QS Global World University Rankings 2021
English proficiency level: Academic IELTS 6.5 (Dec 2020), Speaking 8.0: very good user
Research, Development and Education Officer - Freelance (per project) - Chile 10/2017 - Current
• Currently developing remote work
- Environmental education workshops design
- Restoration strategy design
Freshwater Ecologist and Environmental Scientist - Volunteer - New Zealand 3/2019 - 9/2020
WAI Wanaka - Water Action Initiative
• Strategic advice in stakeholder strategy workshops
• Assisting restoration activities with local school students
• Scientific support in freshwater habitat connectivity projects
• Assisting logistics of storm water sampling and surveying fish data around Lake Wānaka - Ministry of Environment FIF (video)
Freshwater & Biodiversity Technical Officer - Full-time - Patagonia Chile 02/2015 – 08/2017
WWF Chile - World Wildlife Fund
• Developing and implementing the freshwater conservation strategy for the Valdivian ecoregion (Chilean Patagonia)
• Budget management and fundraising
• Chilean representative of freshwater programme in the WWF network
• Freshwater Strategy - 2016 WWF Chile, based on the Open Standards for the Practice of Conservation, as well as the Alliance for Water Stewardship Standards (AWS)
• Multi-stakeholders agreement for a new governance system at catchment level, considering different sectors involved in freshwater matters at Valdivia river basin, Chile
021 0835 2223
Gloucester st – Christchurch 8062
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking zoology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$27||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$32||$125|