My teacher method is based on working with young children, teenagers and adults. My main focus is working at a beginner and intermediate level.
I base my classes on fun, games and strong techniques to build up conversations with perfect pronunciation and intonation.
I have a postgraduate PGCE degree in Primary education with modern languages specialism. I have taught classes of up to 30 students at primary school level and classes up to 5 students at adult level from many different cultural backgrounds.
Experience in Education / Primary Schools
Holymead Primary School
Year 5 Class Teacher / PSHE Co-coordinator and UNICEF Rights Respecting School Lead July 2019 (30 children)
● PSHE subject leader (KS1 & KS2)
● Unicef Rights Respecting School leader (KS1 & KS2)
● Social Club (To help children develop social skills)
● Charity fundraising co-ordinator
● Blogging Club (Year 4 and 5)
● Year 4 DodgeBall Club
● Meeting with RAG group (Right Action Group)
Christ church Junior School / Modern languages assistant co-ordinator
Year 5 Class Teacher full responsibilities (30 children)
● Girls’ football club
● Forest school co-ordinator
● Weekly wildlife club
● Assisted leading modern foreign languages
● Reading / Writing / Maths interventions ran during the week
Sep 2017 –
Sep 2016 – Sep 2017
Easton C of E Primary School
Year 3 Teaching Assistant and 1:1 Reading mentor (27 children)
● Monitoring behaviour and enabling a safe and stimulating environment.
● Responsible for recording each child’s reading frequency, monitoring progress over time and writing
in children’s reading diaries.
● Maths support for children with low attainment – supporting children that have not yet met ARE. Maths depth sessions for Gifted and Talented children.
● Classroom displays and working wall influence. After School Club Science Presenter Jan 2015 – April 2015
● I delivered fun, dynamic and informative science club activities, which involves educational yet practical activities for primary school children.
- First had demonstrations of science experiments
- Risk Assessments carefully considered before each session
Support International (Indonesia, Flores) October 2013 - January 2014
● Teaching English as a foreign language to children 8-13 years
● Delivered gardening and swimming lessons to children with special needs at a nunnery
● Delivered mural painting workshops to add colour to the children’s dorms
KEEN Oxford September 2008 - September 2009
● Working alongside young people and adults with special needs Invent and carry out sporting and arts/crafts activities
Green Man Festival Settlement Deputy Manager (4000 people) August 2019
● Responsible (alongside my manager) for the safety and well-being of 4000 people.
● Responsible for steward coordination before, during and after The Settlement.
● Involvement in festival logistics:
- Ensuring artists have all the resources they need for their performance.
- Ensuring the Health and Safety of The Settlement and that any issues are addressed by
contacting the correct member of staff via a radio communication.
- High level of problem solving when original plans fail. Eg: Late arrival of artist, which means
timetable has to be shifted for artists that follow that late comer.
- Ensuring the safety and safeguarding of children on site, which included dealing
(successfully) with a lost or found child.
- Liaising directly with senior managers, festival control and site construction.
Ammonite Films Feb 2014 – July 2014
● Marine researcher and technical assistant Full time
● Researcher for the forthcoming program ‘Living Lights’ about the wonders of both terrestrial and marine bioluminescence Assistant researcher for 'Asia’s Last Lions' (November 2014)
Education & Professional development
● Bath Spa University
Post Graduate Degree: PGCE Primary and Early Years
1st Placement: Consistently Good (Year 2 class Field Court Infant Academy, Quedgely) 2nd placement: ‘Outstanding’ (Year 5 class Christ church Junior School, Bristol)
QTS received in July 2016
● Falmouth University
BA (Hons) Marine & Natural History Photography Modules: Ecosystems & Biology
Overall Photography Grade: 2:1 Film grade: 1st
● St Clares International School IB Qualification
- International Baccalaureate Subjects: Higher level: Art, Psychology, French Standard level: Maths,
English, Ecosystems IB Total points: 34
● ‘Problem solving in Maths’
- Mastery mathematics and reasoning training (Nrich Mathematics ) (April 2016) ● Maths growth mindset training (March 2017)
- Multiplication and division
- Addition and subtraction
● 120 hour TEFL
- (120 hour TEFL qualification of teaching English as a foreign language) (July 2015)
● Integra Schools Behaviour management training (Feb 2017)
● Integra Schools Anxiety and mental health training x 2 (March 2017)
● Forest School training (March 2016)
● PSHE Network meetings (1 / Term 2018-19)
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$35|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$174|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$348|