I'm a consultant engineer and scientist with a PhD in Microfluidics and a degree in Chemistry, Physics, and Maths.
I want to help students by using a combination of helping them understand the fundamentals while developing a passion for the subject. Using interesting, real world examples to demonstrate not only the application of the theoretical knowledge, but a wider context of the subjects as a whole.
During my undergraduate degree I tutored students in Maths and Chemistry for the equivalent of the GCSE and A-level courses.
Following my PhD I mentored multiple undergraduate students in Engineering (mechanical, polymer, and micro engineering) at university while a postdoctoral researcher.
Subsequent to that I lectured and led practicals, this required the students developing, primarily via guided self-learning, or integrating previous knowledge.
If you live close to the M25 a travel fee may be charged.
2007 PhD (Microfluidics), University of Hertfordshire, UK.
• Development of an Ultra-Low Concentration Vapour Detection System Implemented in Microfluidics.
2002 BSc Honours (Multidisciplinary Science), Curtin University, Australia
• Undergraduate education in chemistry, physics, maths, & engineering.
2011 – Mar 2015 Postdoctoral Research Associate, University College London
• Developed & ran lectures and practicals for a new masters year course within the Dept. of Biochemical Engineering.
• Supervised masters students, and advised multiple PhD students.
2008 – 2010 Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Hertfordshire, UK
• Supervised undergraduate engineering students in joint mechanical/polymer science project requiring mathematical and physical analysis.
Book Chapter (heavily mathematical)
Davies, M.J., Marques, M.P.C., Radhakrishnan, A.N.P., Microfluidics Theory in Practice, in Microfluidics in Detection Science: Lab on a Chip Technology, RSC, London, 2014.
Royal Society of Chemistry (MRSC)
Member of the Biochemical Society
Member of the American Association of Clinical Chemists
Former Member of the Institute of Physics
Former Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$69||$55|