I tailor made teaching materials to meet student's needs using text books, online materials, YouTube videos, and my own print outs. My collection of teaching materials and books will meet your learning needs. I like to adopt a communicative approach in class and your questions are most welcomed at all time in the process. It allows me understand your needs and I can then massage the class accordingly. Let's learn and explore together into the interesting world of languages!
I have been teaching Japanese and Cantonese (and Chinese traditional & simplified writing) for over 10 years, holding one-on-one private tutorials, group teaching, and classes in language schools. I hold a Master's Degree in Japanese Language and Teaching which knowledge I can also apply when conducting Chinese classes.
class time will 1.5 hours min if travel is required (i.e. $62 per session)
HOI YAN LUNG, RONA
Hong Kong born Chinese now residing in Auckland, New Zealand
TEACHING AND WORKING HISTORY
(1) Private Tutor Auckland, New Zealand
May 2018 - present
Japanese and Cantonese Teacher
- Weekly one-on-one tutorial (online or face-to-face) for Japanese or
Cantonese at all levels
- Japanese Language Proficiency Test (Levels N5-N2) tutoring
(2) Asia Translation and Interpreting Ltd. Auckland, New Zealand
Apr 2018 - Sep 2020
- Translation of documents in Chinese (both traditional and simplified),
Japanese and Korean into English and vise vera (not for Korean)
(3) Dai-ichi Japanese Language and Cultural School Hong Kong, China
Jul 2007 - Aug 2016
Japanese Language Instructor
- Teaching Japanese courses from beginner to advanced levels
- Composing teaching plan for each course based on course outlines
- Making supplementary teaching materials
- Drafting and marking test and examination papers and providing
recommendation on students’ progress.
(4) Stream of Wisdom Language School Hong Kong, China
Apr 2007 - Jun 2011 Japanese and Cantonese Teacher
- One-on-one and group tutorials for Japanese or Cantonese at
beginners to intermediate levels
(1) AUT Auckland, New Zealand 2017-2018
Graduate Diploma in Translation, AUT, Dean’s Award 2017
(2) New Zealand Society of Translators and Interpreters, Auckland, New
Zealand Jan 2019 to Present
Full Member, Translation in the English to Chinese Direction
(3) The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China 2006 - 2008
Master of Arts in Japanese Language and Teaching
(4) The Japan Foundation and Association of International Education, Japan
Certificate, Japanese-Language Proficiency, Level 1
chinese lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - chinese lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - chinese lessons for all!
Taking written expression - chinese lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|