The teaching method will include a discussion-based study of the content involved, followed by question and answer session and practice exercises. Different approaches can be used depending on the student’s preferences. I believe I can efficiently maximize the time and make the sessions very concise, engaging, and offer easy explanations.
This year I have graduated in Economics at The London School of Economics (LSE). 5 years ago, I have made the move from my hometown in Moldova to London. Here, I did my A-levels in Maths, Biology, Chemistry, and AS Further Maths, achieving A*A*AA respectively. At LSE I was awarded a 1st in Mathematical Methods and Statistical Theory, Economics and Russian.
My first contact with teaching began 5 years ago, and since then I have worked with over 150 students. I was firstly a mentor at a charity school, where I was assigned to groups of 10 students aged between 8-12. I have organized weekly seminars that broadly introduced subjects including Engineering, Art, and Geometry. In the last 3 years, I have served as a private university consultant for 10 high-achieving high-school students in New Zealand. I was also tutoring some 15 other students in Maths, Economics, and Sciences at Crimson and privately. Up until recently, I was also a senior mentor and founder at an education start-up that taught English and writing skills to a Chinese audience.
Outside of academia, I am dedicated to learning Mandarin Chinese. I also love reading, and recently I have developed a curiosity in continental philosophers such as Nietzsche. Secretly, I like to dance and travel around.
London School of Economics and Political Sciences (LSE) London, UK BSc in Economics (2:1) 2017-2020
• Relevant modules: Political Economy(1st), Mathematical Methods (1st), Statistical Methods (1st), Applied Econometric Analysis (2:1), Principles of Finance (2:1), Development Economics (2:1), Russian (2:1), Psychology (2:1), Principles of Econometrics (higher)(2:2), Macroeconomics (2:1)
Newham Sixth Form College London, UK A-levels and GCSE 2015-2017
• Achieved A*A*AA in A-level Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Further Maths and 5 GCSEs all A*-A
ImageFarm | Business Development Intern London, UK, 06/2020-08/2020
• Presented new COVID-19 promotion packages and home delivery options to a board of managers from Cafe Rouge, Bella Italia etc.
• Compiled Excel data sheets on partnering restaurants, including gross and net revenue, re-supply dates,
• Organised weekly supply data and forecasts using Excel
• Recommended layout templates for new pages on the website using my knowledge in website design
(Wordpress + CSS)
Luca’s School of Writing and Social Science | Education Advisor London, UK, 08/2018-05/2020
• Designed and built the company's website @lucawriting.com (WordPress + CSS)
• Bookkeeping on tuition fees and other data including year-level, assignment grades, and syllabus progress
using Excel for over 150 students
• Recruited specialists in writing/social sciences and trained them to use the online teaching platforms
(Canvas, Google Classroom, Miro)
• Compiled tutor and student handbooks with lesson guidelines/procedures to ensure efficient learning
Consalcom | Sales & Marketing Intern Chisinau, Moldova, 06/2019-08/2019
• Researched and reported to my supervisor potential opportunities/clients to distribute our products to,
especially with a focus on the HoReCa sector in which the company’s presence was limited.
• Wrote reports on any news and changes in the market, such as potential competition, the commercial state of
our clients and sponsors, as well as political changes that could affect the demand.
• Co-designed templates for posters and advertisements for our newly introduced products, both on social
media and for in-supermarket advertisement
Tutorean | Education Advisor London, UK, 09/2018-12/2018
• Worked alongside the company CEO and Head of Growth daily to dramatically improve customer
satisfaction and retention through targeted marketing, securing 70% of “passive” customers who only signed
up to the newsletter.
• Reached out to a database of 180 parents, students and tutors to manage all the requests; implemented Excel
in my daily tasks to present the client data in a compact format and update each’s statistics
Etsy Business | Digital Art Seller London, UK, 2020
• Built an online business from scratch selling picture collages on Etsy, which today amounts to 750 sales and
just under 10000 pounds in revenue.
LSE EconSoc Research division | Member London, UK, 2020
• Conducted research on the effect of immigration on income in Sweden; to be published in LSE’s Rationale
• Built tables and statistics summaries using Python, R and Stata
LSE Enactus Consulting | Commerce & Finance London,UK, 2020
• Implemented innovative ideas to raise money for consulting projects, such as forming an online LSE
marketplace with an expected profit of over £500/month. Organised fundraising/social events such as entrepreneurship competitions and speaker events while overseeing the budgeting and profit aims of each.
RES Undergraduate Video Competition |2nd place London,UK, 2019
• Wrote and developed a 3-minute video on the interrelation between banks and billionaires
• (concealed information)
Oxford Wad-Ham Humanities and Social Sciences Programme| Participant London, UK, 2016 • Led discussions and submitted undergraduate-level essays on topics such as democracy and ancient societies.
Skills and Interests
• Language: Romanian (native), English (fluent), Russian (conversant), Mandarin (beginner) • Computer: Excel, Python, LaTex, Tableau, Stata, R, Microsoft Word and Power-Point
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$50|