The teaching and delivery methods I follow, are "learner-centric". This means the learning environment in my teaching and facilitation revolves around the learners' requirements, prior learning, qualifications and experiences. It all starts from learners' needs analysis and so on.
I have been engaged in teaching and research in field of modern biological/medical sciences for the last 18 years. I have sufficient experience of tertiary teaching in New Zealand and in overseas, in various higher education institutions of international repute.
Curriculum Vitae – Syed M. Shahid, Ph. D.
Academic, Research & Leadership Experience:
• Mar 2020 – to date Postgraduate Lecturer School of Health Science Eastern Institute of Technology Auckland New Zealand
• July 2018 – Mar 2020 Programme Leader (Health) Aspire2 International Auckland New Zealand
• July 2017 – July 2018 Lecturer (Health) Cornell Institute of Business & Technology Auckland New Zealand
• Mar 2016 – June 2017 Postdoctoral Research Visitor Faculty of Medical & Health Sciences (FMHS) University of Auckland Auckland New Zealand
• Mar 2017 – July 2017 Lecturer (Health) AWI International Education Group Auckland New Zealand
• Mar 2016 – July 2017 Lecturer (Health) Aspire2 International Auckland New Zealand
• Jan 2010 – Jan 2016 Visiting Lecturer (Basic Health) Liaquat College of Medicine and Dentistry, Darul Sehat Hospital Karachi Pakistan
• Mar 2009 – Jan 2016 Assistant Professor & Head Health Biotechnology KIBGE University of Karachi Pakistan
• Aug 2008 – July 2015 Visiting Lecturer (Basic Health) Hamdard University Karachi Pakistan
Courses Developed and Taught (Medical & Health Sciences):
Applied Nutrition Bioethics, Biosafety, Biosecurity & Regulatory Affairs Healthcare Management Health Psychology International Healthcare Policies & Practices Healthcare Research & Analysis Immerging Healthcare Issues Medical Biochemistry Medical Biophysics Medical Physiology Research Methodology & Techniques Health Research Proposal & Manuscript Writing Health Research Seminars & Presentation Skills Health Research Projects Health Audits and Evaluation Studies
Educational Qualifications & Certifications:
• 2019 New Zealand Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Teaching (NZCATT) Open Polytechnic New Zealand
• 2017 National Certificate in Adult Education and Training Unit Standards: US4098 (Use Standards to Assess Candidate Performance), US11551(Moderate Assessment) and US11552 (Design and Evaluate Assessment Materials) Aspire2 International Auckland New Zealand
• 2017 Certificate Course on Foundations in Cultural Competency-2016 Ministry of Health New Zealand
• 2017 Certification Course on Code of Practice for Health Workers in New Zealand Ministry of Health New Zealand
• 2017 Certification Training of Clinical Research Coordinator CTCRC) DNASYS Academy of Health Sciences through University of Auckland New Zealand
• 2008 Ph. D. Medical Biochemistry University of Karachi Pakistan
• 2000 M. Sc. Biotechnology University of Karachi Pakistan
• 1997 B. Sc. Biochemistry & Microbiology University of Karachi Pakistan
• 2014 – 2016 Associate Editor, International Journal of Biology Research (IJBR)
• 2006 – to date Editor, Pakistan Journal of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology (PJBMB)
• 2005 – to date Honorary Editor, Monthly Global Science, Karachi, Pakistan
Books Edited - 3 International Research Articles – 45 International Conference Abstracts – 65
Scientific Presentations & Participations
Participated and presented in 65 international conferences, workshops, symposia and training courses
Funded Research Projects:
Funded research projects up to PKR. 1 Million or above – 3
Ph. D. Research Supervision:
Ph. D. supervised and awarded – 5 Students enrolled under supervision – 3
• 2001 Medical Transcription Training Ministry of Science & Technology Govt. of Pakistan
• 2001 Computer Hardware Training Component level repairing & maintenance of computer systems & accessories Saver Systems Technology Karachi, Pakistan
• 1999 Computer Software Training MS Windows MS Word MS Excel MS PowerPoint MS Access Typing speed >65 wpm
Professional and Scientific Affiliations:
• Higher Education Commission (HEC) Approved Ph.D. Research Supervisor
• Member, Board of Studies, Faculty of Science, University of Karachi
• Member, Board of Studies, KIBGE, University of Karachi
• Member, Board of Studies, Department of Health, Jinnah University for Women, Karachi
• Member, Board of Studies, Department of Basic Health Sciences, Hamdard University, Karachi
• Member, Departmental Research Committee (DRC), KIBGE, University of Karachi
• Member, Institutional Ethical Committee (IEC), KIBGE, University of Karachi
• Member, Asian Federation of Biotechnology (AFOB)
• Member, Human Genome Organization (HUGO)
• Member, American Association for Science and Technology (AASCIT)
• Life member, Pakistan Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (PSBMB)
Life member, Medical Microbiology Association of Pakistan (MMAP)
genetics lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest microbiology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, molecular biology lessons for all!
Taking biotechnology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|