I am an approachable and friendly tutor, who aims to form a genuine connection with the students I take under my wing. This helps create a relaxed environment whereby you feel comfortable asking any question. I cater my lessons to the student's individual needs and the type of assessment coming up within the paper.
I am a final year LLB(Hons) student at Victoria University. I have four years experience tutoring law students, both in group and private one-on-one sessions. I have experience tutoring all compulsory law subjects, including the 100-, 200- and 300-level papers.
Final year of my LLB(Honours) and Bachelor of Arts degrees (majoring in Political science and minoring in Criminology/Spanish). I have a proven academic record and have achieved multiple A+ grades across my degrees (this includes being first-in-class).
• 2016 Victoria Academic Excellence award.
• 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 Dean’s List for academic excellence.
• 2019 Pacific Politics Prize (best essay/thesis in the field of Pacific politics)
• 2020 Wellington Plus Certificate.
• 2020 Wellington International Leadership Programme Award.
• LAWS301, LAWS212, LAWS123 Tutor for the Law faculty.
• LAWS121 & LAWS123 PASS Tutor (2018).
• Private tutoring sessions for all compulsory law papers.
• Communication: Tutoring, mentoring and other leadership roles demonstrate my ability to communicate effectively with others. My experience with both written and oral submissions to the Parliamentary Select Committee, and my role as a student editor for the Victoria University Law Review, further show the depth of my communication skills. My success as a semi-finalist in mooting and negotiation competitions showcases these skills.
• Ability to relate to a wide range of people: Through my involvement in various internationally based programmes, I have experience working with people from a wide range of cultures. My participation in the Te Pūtahi Atawhai mentoring programme has allowed me to give back to the community, providing holistic and academic support to Māori and Pasifika students. I’ve also completed a student exchange to Argentina, achieved my Spanish minor, and was on the executive of the Latin American and Spanish Club.
Perfect! Incredible tutor - Excellent attention to detail.
Great lessons with Walt - thanks so much and be in touch in the future
Hanna was my tutor at a period where I was very overwhelmed and stressed with the course material. Her patience and succinct guidance helped me fine tune my work and get me back on track. I'd recommend to any student!
criminal law lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest law general lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, public law lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|