I take a practical methodology, I put myself in the place of my student's shoes and think what method will work for them. I approach a class or an individual holistically as everyone has a different calibre TO understand and grasp when they are being taught.
I apply project learning, case study, storytelling, presentation, notes and explanation based on real-world examples I also perform my delivery through digital tools. I am a follower of facilitator and demonstrator teaching styles.
I have hands-on experience in the fields of teaching, training, branding, sales, marketing communication, retail management and digital media.
I can merge these aspects with tutoring and produce impactful results in increasing the performance of the students.
I have worked for the internationally renowned institute Raffles College of Design and Business, I served as a lecturer, business program coordinator and professional practice trainer.
The skills that I can bring to this role are:
• Attention to details and motivational
• Effective communicator and coordinator
• Mentoring and relationship building
• Integrity, leadership and accountability
• Robust presentation and storytelling
• Organised and punctual
I am a warm friendly person who can adapt to an environment quickly with the help of my interpersonal and transferable skills. I have good observation skills and clearly understand situations well.
If a student is in their early teens and does not require a complex study method, my hourly pay rate is subjected to reduction.
Woodhill, Whangarei | (concealed information)2 (concealed information)
I am an individual with a can-do disposition and growth mindset. While I was studying in NZ I volunteered in various organisations such as The Cancer Society, Whangarei Theatre Company and the Carbon Neutral
NZ Trust. I also interned for the Chamber of Commerce Northland to gain local work experience. I have had hands-on experience in England, Sri Lanka and New Zealand, this level of exposure enable me to add value to the team and organisation.
Skills and Competencies.
User Story, data analysis, mind mapping, CX, UX, Microsoft Office (Inc Visio) & Google suites, presentation, visual Merchandising and storytelling, online and offline requirement gathering techniques,
marketing communication, digital media and stakeholder engagement. I perform my activities with integrity, dedication, teamwork, problem solving and detail orientation by understanding business vitality. I am a holder of Global Competence Certification, NZ (full) Driver Licence.
15/07/2020 to 15/12/2020 - Northland Chamber of Commerce, New Zealand
Role: Business Analyst Intern (CRM/ICT). In this role, I was responsible for: (Internship)
• Stakeholder Engagement via user story, BI, data analysis, market research and project coordination
• Website development and customisation incorporating wireframes, mind mapping, CX, UI and UX
• Requirement Elicitation from external and internal teams to draft BPMN, flowcharts, data index, KPI for
10/04/2020 to Present - The Realise Group, New Zealand - (concealed information)
Role: Retail Analyst. In this role, I am responsible for:
• Analyse Client Relationship Management combining market research and visual merchandising
• Perform competitive benchmarking
• In detail CX analysis and documentation to understand service patterns.
30/03/2017 to 04/02/2020 - Raffles College, Colombo, Sri Lanka - (concealed information)
Role: Lecturer/Business Program Coordinator. In this role, I was responsible for:
• Teaching and mentoring Certificate-Diploma-Degree students
• Delivering lectures and presentations
• Developing business cases and course requisites
• Documentation drafting and handling
• Professional practise and self-development
29/12/2015 to 01/07/2017 - Emerald International, Colombo, Sri Lanka - (concealed information)
Role: Sales and Operations Manager. In this role, I was responsible for:
• Sales development and promotions
• Administration and team building
• Financial planning and meeting showroom’s monthly targets
• Branding, advertising and Marketing
03/05/2011 to 17/01/2015 - Shaftesbury Theatre, London, England - (concealed information)
Role: Marketing and front office specialist. In this role, I was responsible for:
• Managing team and public relations
• Schedule event-related activities practising proactive and reactive strategies
• Top-notch CX delivery & conflict resolution
• Manage/liaise with the team for daily operations and coordination
24/05/2006 to 04/07/2007 - Dialog Telecom, Colombo, Sri Lanka - (concealed information)
Role: Customer Service Officer. In this role, I was responsible for:
• Customer Service and training of staff members
• Call centre management, customer experience and complaint resolution
2020-2021 - NorthTec Polytechnic Whangarei, New Zealand
Diploma in Business Information Systems
• Business Analysis. Agile/waterfall
• Management ICT
• System Analysis and Design
2011 – 2012- Cardiff Metropolitan University, United Kingdom
Master’s in Business Administration
• International Marketing Management and Strategic Management
• Developed Hypothetical Business Proposal For “Brit Souvenirs”
\2009 – 2011- University of Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Bachelor of Business Management
• Digital Marketing and E-commerce / Branding and Advertising
• Final Research Dissertation: “Strategic branding Burberry amongst its international audience”
2007 – 2007- IDM, Sri Lanka
BTEC Diploma in ICT
• Language and Communication / Basic Information Technology
• 4 times Conservative TEVALS topper at Raffles College
• North Tec – Student Ambassador
• NZTC – Translator for the Whangarei District Court
• Member of the Multi-Ethnic Collective
• Featured in The Northern Advocate for receiving an internship at NorthChamber
• Planned and executed “The Best Brand Show” for Emerald International
References available upon request
business studies lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest management lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, marketing lessons for all!
Taking human resource management lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$26||$26|