I have a relatively laid-back approach to tutoring as I know from experience that children will not learn if they are under immense pressure. I like to use a goal system, where we set learning goals that allow development during and after the tutoring sessions, making clear what needs to be improved.
I am a high school student at Rangi Ruru Girls' school in Christchurch. I have a passion for English and I am looking at studying Law and Philosophy at UC next year. My brother is severely autistic and I have been working with him alongside specialists to help with his speech and educational development. He can understand both Norwegian and English, which is why I have played a role in helping him learn as I am fluent in both languages, therefore he finds it easier to respond to my help, rather than my parent's help. By the age of 3, he was only able to say 4 words. After 6 months of professional speech therapy and an hour a day of speech exercises with me, he is now able to comprehensively speak both languages. He also struggles with dyslexia and concentration, which I have been working on with him for the past few years. He has come such a long way and I am so proud of his development. I also tutor students after school and during lunch times at school if girls are struggling, especially in subjects such as English, Maths and Science.
15d Waiwetu Street Email: (concealed information)
Fendalton Mobile: (concealed information)
I am 17 years old and have completed NCEA Level 1 and 2 both at the Excellence Endorsed level at Rangi Ruru Girls’ School. By nature, I am resourceful, self-motivated, and a results-driven person who loves to succeed in anything I partake in. I also work well in a team, as well as an individual in any given situation.
• Extremely reliable and a very hard worker
• Positive approach and cheerful disposition
• Optimistic and willing
• Comprehensive computer skills
• Enjoys learning and taking on new tasks
• Ability to cope with, and work under pressure
• Able to work both independently and as part of a team
November 2020 – March 2021
Clearance Clothing (Part Time)
• Organising clothing and jewellery
• Photographing jewellery
• Posting items on TradeMe
2018 - 2021
Babysitting (For Various Families)
Women’s Lifestyle Expedition September 2019 & 2020
Clearance Health and Beauty
Completing odd jobs during the school holidays consisting of:
• Packing for the expo
• Transporting products
• Setting up the stalls for the expo
• Take down of stalls
• Retail and Sales experience
Rangi Ruru Girls’ School 2018 - Present - NCEA
• Level 1 - Endorsed with Excellence
• Level 2 - Endorsed with Excellence
• Level 3 - Currently Sitting
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
• Proficient Musician (I play the guitar, piano, trumpet and have gained grade 6 classical signing with ABRSM)
• Completed a full Barista course with The Crafted Coffee Company
• ABRSM Grade 6 Classical Singing
• Grade 2 ABRSM Piano
• Grade 4 ABRSM Music Theory
• Barista course with The Crafted Coffee
• Student Volunteer Army Bronze Award (currently sitting at 230+ hours of community service)
• 2018 Future Problem Solving National Winner
• 2018 Nomads Football Club Under 16 A Team
• 2018-2019 Rangi First X1 Football
• 2018 – 2019 Rangi Futsal Gold
• 2018 -2019 Rangi Rowing Season
• 2020 Rangi Social Basketball
• 2018 Rangi Voices (Choir)
• 2019 – Current Rangi Resolutions (Elite Senior Choir)
• 2019 Rangi Senior Dance Company
• Community Service (Tree Planting at Christ College)
• Jo Unwin – Clearance Health and Beauty - (concealed information)
• Hilary Kingston - (concealed information)
vocabulary - english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest esol (english) lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|