Each student is unique and has a special way of learning. I focus on your strengths and work from there on to ensure you have a great grasp of the subject while enjoying learning. Learning isn't about tests as much as it is about getting to engage with the subject.
I am a Wildlife biologist specializing in Avian and wildlife biology and entomology, as well as a Former Head of Department of Science of The Winchester School, UAE, with 5 years of international teaching experience. I have successfully run a department consisting of 30 teachers and 1500 students.
Rates may vary as per the standard which needs to be taught
Master’s in Education from AUT 2021
Completed course awaiting final results.
The Inquiring Practitioner, Global Impacts on Education Practice in Contemporary Society, Educational Research in Context, Concepts in Educational Research, Dissertation.
B.Ed. in Science and Mathematics 2014
Seva Sadan College of Education, Mumbai University.
Grade: A (CGPA 6.18)
Philosophical foundation of Education, Psychology of the Learner, Educational Evaluation, Information and Communication Technology in Education, Sociological Foundation of Education, Psychology of the Learning, Educational Management, Special field: Action Research (A study on Impact of ICT on teaching and learning process of Science in Secondary schools), Two special methods – Science and Mathematics
M.Sc. Zoology 2012
Maharaja Sayajirao University, Vadodara.
First Class (CGPA 6.48)
Course Specialization – Avian Biology and Wildlife Biology
B.Sc. Zoology 2009
K.V. Pendharkar College, Mumbai University
First Class (73%)
Course Specialization – Entomology
School Name: The Winchester School, Jebel Ali, Dubai, UAE. 2014 - 2018
• HOD Science Primary.
• Head of the Primary action research for Curriculum Development Group (CDG).
• Mentor for Cambridge International Certificate for Teaching and Learning (CICT).
• Member of Science Moderators for the GEMS network of Schools.
• Contributor and developer of house Professional Development Programs.
• Developed the Science Curriculum and Self-evaluation rubrics for Primary.
• Incorporation of continuous reflection processes and outcomes in science using inquiry-based learning.
• Encouragement and support to teachers in efforts to collaborate and involving them in reflection, interpretation, modelling and building of scientific skill.
• Designing continuous assessment systems that used a vast variety of strategies which helped in the improvement and astute evaluation.
• Spearheaded the Science and Mathematics Club
• Directed the School Debate Club and the Model United Nations (MUN) club.
• Dissertation – “Journey towards understanding biodiversity activism in young adults in New Zealand” 2020
• Action Research – “Does putting flipped classrooms into practice make a child a more independent learner” 2015
• Action Research - “A study on Impact of ICT on teaching and learning process of Science in Secondary schools” 2013
• Dissertation – “Food Habitat preferences and Hormonal profile of Indian Stripped Hyena” 2011
Honours and Awards
• Honorary Speaker for a Lecture on Teaching Practices in Seva Sadan College of Education 2019
• Outstanding support for contribution to Professional Development Programme
• Leading Professional Learning and Development (PLD) session for science teachers at the GEMS Westminster School, Sharjah. 2018
• Certificate of excellence for Action Research 2015
• Winner of Above and beyond award in the first year of teaching 2014
• Department Gold medal (Highest in Zoology) 2009
• 1st prize in National level debate competition at Sri Sri youth festival 2014
• 2nd prize in university festival in quiz competition 2010
• 2nd prize in photography in Elysium intercollegiate festival at B.L.Amlani college 2014
• 3rd prize in Photography competition at Pendharkar college 2008
• 3rd prize in debate competition at R.K.T college 2014
• 3rd prize in extempore in Elysium intercollegiate festival at B.L.Amlani college 2014
• 5th in extempore competition at S.T. College 2014
• Participation in Intercollegiate extempore competition for Anti dowry movement 2014
• Participation in a seminar on Women’s rights capacity building at H.J. College 2013
• Participation in Intercollegiate Personality competition B.T.T. college 2014
• Participation in quiz competition at Sri Sri youth festival 2014
• Participation in Open house Science Fair held at Maharaja Sayajirao University March 2012
• Poster presentation in Vigyan Parishad Science Excellence at Gujarat University 2011
• Participation in Leopard and Sloth Bear census in Chotaudepur Reserve forest, Vadodara 2011
• Participation in a seminar “Avenues in Biotechnology” at Pendharkar college 2009
• Participation in a conference “Clean Creek Movement” in Dombivli 2009
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest genetics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, anatomy lessons for all!
Taking zoology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$28|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$140|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$280|