I can teach all highschool economics and business studies. My lessons would be engaging and based on the syllabus, textbook or any questions students have.
As a tutor, I aim to ensure students have an in-depth understanding of the content and how to tackle examinations. In addition to the syllabus and textbook, past paper questions and examples will be utilised.
I am a Finance/Economics student at the University of Sydney. Received A* grades in Business studies and Economics in Cambridge International Examinations A levels (2018).
- Max Commerce GPA
- CIE Outstanding learner award
- Top in New Zealand for CIE Business Students (2018)
The rates are negotiable based on level of student and how many people / how many lessons, if interested contact me for more details!
Contact Number: (concealed information)
Address: 21 Cherrywood Crescent, Northpark, Auckland
Email: (concealed information)
Currently studying Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Advanced Studies (Dalyell Scholar’s program), University of Sydney, 2019-2022
84.6 Weighted Average Mark
High Distinctions in:
Accounting, Business and Society
Economics for Business Decision Making
Corporate Finance II
Science Dalyell Showcase
1st in New Zealand A-Level Business Studies, October November 2018
Cambridge International Examinations Outstanding Learner Award 2018
A* Grade in Mathematics, Business Studies and Economics
Relevant work history
- HSC Economics and Business StudiesTutor, TutorNow, 2019-Present.
- Kumon Instructor, Kumon Pakuranga Education Centre, 2020
- Basketball Coach, Howick Leisure Centre, 2018
Extracurricular / volunteering / leadership experience
Captain, Maclean’s College Fencing Club, led the school team for 5 Regional competitions and the national competition.
- Leadership- All competing fencers follow by example, hence had to lead effectively to increase performance e.g. Train multiple times a week to encourage higher effort
- Punctual- Had to set a good club culture of always being early to warm up to make training's efficient
Westpac Rescue Helicopter Trust Volunteering 2015-2018, Volunteered to help fundraise for the rescue helicopter
- Teamwork- As a group, we decide on ideas to raise money for the trust. e.g. selling balloons, stickers, pins
- Emotional Intelligence- Volunteering as I understand the importance of the rescue helicopter, performing over 7,000 rescues a year.
Advanced debating team- Debated for my college team
- Articulate- Debating required me to be an articulate individual, clearly communicating information to an audience in a set time-frame.
-Analytical- Analysis of a topic and potential questions that stem from the topic of the debate helped develop my problem-solving and ability to assess a situation.
-Open-minded- Debating helped develop my ability to view a situation from multiple standpoints and opinions as debates always have 2 sides that must be analysed.
Shakthi Ladkoo – Teacher
Amy Yeoman – Former employer
Albert Vu – Current employer
Trapti Tulsian – Current employer
business studies lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest economics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, commerce lessons for all!
Taking microeconomics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$40|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$200|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$400|