I can give lessons to anyone wanting to advance their mathematic skills at any level - from pre-school, primary, high school, and university. I treat math problems like baking. If you follow a recipe method (problem solving method) your cake will be perfect! I teach the student the method in the most simple form, them we practise the method in all sorts of situations.
I am a PhD candidate in acoustic engineering. I teach engineering classes with 80 students, and advance software. I have experience tutoring university-level Calculus. I have over three years of teaching experience as well as engineering and management industry experience.
If the travel time if more that 25 minutes, it will be $20 for travel.
AUT University Awards
• 2020 3MT speech competition AUT winner, Asia Pacific finalist (top 8). $2,000.
• Bachelor of Architectural Engineering (Honours) degree, Washington Accord, GPA of 8.7 / 9.0.
o Selected as valedictorian to deliver speech at graduation
• AUT Vice Chancellor scholarship for GPA above 8 for assisted PhD study. $100,000
• 2019 AUT Leadership Award for services as AUTNow’s founder and president
• 2018 study fees paid for by AUT Engineering Faculty for having highest GPA of all Engineering Students of all years and all majors- including previous years before enrolment. $9,000
• AUT Vice Chancellor's (VC) fees Scholarship, awarded for academic excellence by Long Bay College (three years tuition, $25,000)
• Freemasons University Scholarship for Undergraduate Student- Academic performance and community involvement. $6,000
• Scholarship to complete AUT Co-Starters Entrepreneur course 2019
o Award for customer engagement. $2,500 worth of legal fees
• Accepted to compete in the ArchEngBuild BRANZ Challenge as ‘Engineer’ 2018
• National finalist in the EWB (Engineers Without Borders) challenge, chosen to represent AUT University with our group's wind turbine solution. 2015
• 2016 Fees scholarship of $6,000 for passing with an A+ GPA (not used as I had VC scholarship)
• Top of degree for 2nd year Bachelor of Construction Engineering (Honors) so awarded Academic Excellence $250. 2016
• CIBSE Award for top of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (a 3rd year paper in Bachelor's Architectural/Construction Eng. degree) 2017. $100
• AUT Award for top of Building Construction (a 2nd year paper in Bachelor's Architectural/Construction Eng. degree). 2016 $50
• Awarded Highly Commended in the Hays National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC) Excellence Award. Category: Student/Apprentice Excellence Award. 2016
• Competed in Around the world speech comp IET speaking on Biomimicry Architecture. 2017
• Final Year Engineering Project Awards - Design of Townhouse Complex (2018), Best Building Services Design - $100, Best Architectural Design - Interview prize, Best Overall Project - $200
• 2019 Winner of Start Up Weekend - 54-hour AKL entrepreneur comp. $4000 for business fees
• 2020 X-Challenge finalist – extensive business programme. Winner is yet to be determined.
Work Experience Tasks and Responsibilities:
• 2020: Teach ‘Architectural Design and Sustainability’ 3rd year paper Bachelor of Engineering (Honours). Teach CostX software.
• 2019: Teach and create course content for ‘Construction Technology ll’, teach Construction Eng. Management I, teach and assess CostX labs for Quantity Surveying, deliver a workshop: ‘IoT, Automation and Smart Buildings’ BE bites workshop series
• AUT critique for the Master of Architecture semester 'reviews' 2020
• Reviewer for Architectural Science Review Conference 2020
• Prepare material and teach University Engineering Mathematics (calculus) and Mechanical Principles
Junior Lighting Designer
• Create concept design proposals
• Perform lighting calculations on DIALUX
• Draw lighting plan layouts and circuits on CAD
• Specify luminaire schedules to go to suppliers
• Create Revit Lighting Fixture models
• Tutor Revit to employer
• Teaching dance classes for a range of dance styles
• Both open classes and exam classes
• Choreography for dance performances
• Relief work for Adult Classes
Long Bay College Awards and Miscellaneous
• The National Arts Supplies Limited Prize, awarded for Excellence in Year 13 Graphics
• Excellence Endorsements for NCEA Level 1, 2, 3, L3 Calculus, English, Physics and Graphic
• Long bay College Cups for top of NCEA L2 Earth and Space Science, L2 & L3 dance - 2014
• Completed a Classic 21-day Outward Bound course in the Marlborough Sounds - 2018
• Pilots Wings (First Solo Flight) - Walsh Memorial Scout Flying School - 2014
• Completion of the Advance Training Centres Ltd (ATC) Military Prep Star Course - 2013
• $400 Scholarship for placing 2nd at NZAMD Tap Nationals – 2014
• 1st Place National Jazz Dance Group at the Showcase Australian Dance Championships – 2014
• Student Personal Excellence Scholarship of $450- personal excellence in dance – 2012
• Scholarship of $500, for highest marks throughout New Zealand for their final Tap dance exam
• Gained 98% (or higher) in NZAMD Jazz exam, winning a nomination to go to Nationals 2014
• Revit certificate: ‘Autodesk Revit – beginner to an intermediate level’
• edX course: ‘Principles of Machine Learning: R Edition’
• Other software skills: I-Simpa: Acoustic analysis software, Dialux: Lighting calculation software, CostX: Quantity surveying software, Trynsis: Building services software, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google programmes, Solidworks, Sketchup, CAD
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking further maths lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$65||$45|
|5 hours||Not available||$300||$225|
|10 hours||Not available||$580||$450|