I like to encourage the students to talk and take part in team exercises and pair work.
I prefer them all the listen to each other reading aloud, then they can learn all from the corrections I give,
My style is open, and friendly, so I can build their confidence with the language.
I also use many on-line exercises and the GRAID App for IELTS.
I originally worked as an Executive Assistant in the corporate sector in Australia and New Zealand. This gives me an advantage in teaching Business English.
My IELTS students will tell you I am tough - but I get results.
I have been giving lessons for 5 years.
Cancellation must be 12 hours in advance.
June to September 2019
ACE Language Centre
• Three month contract to teach summer school IELTS courses for academic and general levels
• Designed lesson plans for all four subjects using Foundation textbook,
own worksheets and YouTube examples
• Trained Vietnamese teachers to teach IELTS using interactive techniques
• Introduced GRAID software to ACE Language Centre as on-line learning tool
ESL Teacher September 2017 to May 2019
Waikato Institute of Education
Hamilton, New Zealand
• IELTS and General English classes for adult learners
Using the “Focus on IELTS” textbook published by Pearson Education.
Students working towards obtaining NZ Residency or Work Visas in their professions.
• Individual tutoring for OET (Medicine) as preparation for the exams.
Covered all four sectors: Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing.
• Individual tutoring for Business English with classes designed to meet the students’ requirements. Focus on correct written word for reports, Agendas, Meeting Notes, Briefing Notes and emails. Also included Interview techniques.
• Conduct and video record speaking tests for students to pass New Zealand Qualifications Authority required standards.
English Language teacher
June to August 2017
Bovongaritta Private College
• A short term contract to teach spoken English to all students
From K.1 to M.3. Aged 4 to 15 years old
Using the “New Active English” series of text books produced by
Aksorn in Bangkok, plus worksheets from Education.com.
• Coached three M.3 students to prepare for regional High Schools
English language speech competition – each placed in top 3. This was the first time Bovongaritta achieved this distinction.
ESOL and Literacy Teacher February to April 2017
English Language Partners
Hamilton East primary school
• Prepared own course material and lessons designed to suit beginner students improve their English communication skills and adapt to practical living in New Zealand.
• Measured the learning outcomes, grade profiles and code assessments using testing software designed by ELP.
Part-time Teacher/Interlocutor September 2016 – May 2017
Waikato Institute of Education Hamilton, New Zealand
• Working with pre-intermediate level mature Chinese students using the course book “New Headway”.
Volunteer Teacher 2016
Migrant Resource Centre – Literacy Program Hamilton, New Zealand
(to gain classroom experience while completing TESOL course)
• Instructing Foundation and Beginner level mature students some of whom have never been in a classroom. Based on course material provided by the New Zealand Ministry of Education.
• Specific teaching in English in context and guidance in adapting to life in New Zealand with shopping trips, bus tours, visit to local museum to
learn local history.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking business english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|