I am an experienced academic with 20 years working in universities and colleges. I can offer lessons in:
- Social sciences, Sociology, Social Psychology, Social Policy, Criminology (A level, adult education, degree, masters and doctoral support)
- I can help develop your written skills, proof read and edit work, support you in increasing your capacity in planning, organising and writing your work
- Help with degree and PhD applications, letters and proposals
- Support you in developing proposals in English for funding or other purposes
- Help you craft excellent CV's and other means of promoting yourself and developing your career after studying sociology
- Provide online coaching for your sociology and social science writing, whether research publications, books and so forth
- Provide academic career coaching and support to help you develop your career in applied social studies fields
I am approachable, flexible and professional; why not contact me to discuss your requirement from a tutor? I love to help other achieve their academic and study potential.
Lesson Structure and Methodology
Lesson structure will be designed around your needs and the particular aims you have for study, each student is an individual. Lessons are usually held for one hour and before we start any lessons we agree what you want to aim for, your goals and any requirements you have. I will then design a programme to meet that goal specially for you. Each class will focus on a specific aspect of your skills develop.
My methodology as a tutor is to be friendly, clear and encouraging. I know what it is like to try to learn when you are worried about getting it wrong. There is nothing for you to worry about with me, you are here to learn and I am here to teach. Making mistakes is normal in academic development and can actually be a helpful learning experience. I am always flexible to your learning needs, ready to develop the programme differently to meet any requirements that may emerge when we are working together. Please contact me to discuss what you need from lessons.
I have been teaching for over 20 years in universities and colleges and so have plenty of experiences of students with all levels of Social Science work. I can teach all areas of social sciences including Sociology, Criminology, Health Studies, Social Psychology, Sociological Theory etc. and have done in the past. I will help you to understand your classes, with your specialist reading, work on specific assessment or any other aim you may have.
I have taught over 2,000 students during my career in different settings, which is a lot of people and a lot of teaching! However, I never tire of it and love to work with people who want to learn and have drive and ambition. I achieve results by partnering with students and helping them to know that with hard work and practice everything is achievable. My students go onto good grades at University or College and exam success. Let me help you to achieve the success you deserve.
Specialist English language classes, for example for masters or doctoral level Vivas cost £30 an hour. I also offer other services, such as proof reading work, which will incur additional cost, should you require them.
PhD in Sociology, Plymouth University, UK (1992)
BA Hons Sociology, Staffordshire University, UK (1989)
20+ years as a lecturer and Professor in the UK University system
5 years running conversational English classes on a Saturday to support newcomers to the UK
psychology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest sociology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, civics lessons for all!
Taking ethics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$51|