In a group with diverse needs, I use the buddy system where the students carry out the conversations in English and interact or bond with each other. Practical visits to shops, libraries, hop card registration, filling forms, speech contest, etc are widely used while teaching keeping a student-centered approach.
I focus on both the visual and auditory aids. Google translation and videos are commonly used.
I am a trained teaching professional looking forward to helping more students from diverse backgrounds. Learning a language can be fun. My experience with the old Chinese and Indian group in a classroom was amazing and filled with laughter and learning. Young and old Vietnamese and Afghani students thanked me for the knowledge and skills learned.
Lessons canceled by the student on the same day of the class will be charged unless there is an emergency; however, honesty is expected in this matter.
A versatile, skilled, and supportive teacher committed to promoting the all-round development of
students. I believe, every individual is unique. With a flexible, open-minded, fun-loving, and patient approach, I have a proven ability to encourage children and adults to achieve their potential and make a positive difference in young people’s lives. Learning is a journey and together as a community, we can shape the future of our nation.
✓ A qualified and experienced TESOL and NCALNE teacher
✓ Excellent verbal, written communication skills
✓ Demonstrated sensitivity, discretion, and tact in listening to students and teachers
✓ Methodical approach to resolve conflicts and solve problems, a logical thinker with a
✓ Solid computer skills - MS-Word, Excel, Access, Publisher with accurate data entry
✓ Excellent administration skills, detail orientated with a keen eye for details
✓ Confident in prioritizing tasks and managing time with good multi-tasking skills
✓ Able to deal with situations & challenges in a mature, flexible & accommodating fashion
✓ Committed to professional development to expand learning processes and cater to the needs
✓ Versatile, flexible, and open-minded with a great sense of humor, a committed team player.
2017 ESOL Tutor Literacy North Shore/English Language Partners
Teaching English to migrants and refugees; helping them to upgrade the written and verbal communication, building confidence in the workplace and social settings to enhance their sense of belonging.
2016 Customer Service Bunnings NZ
Check-out operator confidently processing payments on BPOS ensuring high-quality customer service at all times, handling and processing special orders which involve taking inquiries, create and confirm special orders, filing documentation, liaising with suppliers and clients.
2014 Marketing & Customer Service UMR Research
Telephone Interviewer collecting information for different clients mainly government agencies, through surveys nationally throughout New Zealand, dealing with difficult customers through patience, assertiveness, and respect, resolving customer issues without the need to escalate.
2013 Trainer- Spoken English Let’s Talk Academy/English King
Providing English language and Personality Development training to students and working professionals, developing soft skills like confidence building, leadership, public speaking.
• Organising motivational videos or speeches
• Introducing role play in pairs and groups to develop body language
(gestures, eye contact, posture, etiquettes) and communication skills
• Assist students in writing and delivering speeches which involved giving topics and extempore speeches
• Developing listening, comprehension, and vocabulary for IELTS students
• Conducting language workshops for Japanese students developing conversational English (spoken English), vocabulary through games, and story building through imagery and pictures.
2009-2012 Tutor Self Employed - NZ
Private tutoring of students from year 3 to year 11 in English, Maths, and Science to develop reading, writing, vocabulary, and comprehension skills using worksheets, pictures, scenarios, puzzles, word builders and scrambled words.
• Introducing correct usage of idioms, phrases, figures of speech
• Providing practice to develop different writing styles (Narrative, Persuasive, and Creative).
• Helping with the homework queries.
• Creating cloze passages to build comprehension skills
• Developing different numeracy strategies for problems
• Conducting tests to evaluate the numeracy stages and language levels
• Assisting college students with biology, chemistry, and physics concepts and exam preparation
Positions held before 2009
2007-2009 Supervisor Takanini Play Centre
2005-2006 Teacher Aide Cosgrove Primary School
2003-2004 Distributor Avon
• Life Coach Certificate(2018)
• TESOL Certificate(2014)
• Certificate in Business Administration & Computing(2003)
• Bachelor of Education(1996)
• Masters in Science(1995)
• Vice President of Education at Toastmaster’s Club.
• Volunteer for National Heart Foundation, NZ for events like ASB Marathon, Mother’s Day walks, Street Appeal, and Health Expo presentation for BNZ.
• Volunteer ESOL tutor for migrants and refugees groups with Literacy North Shore.
• Coach and Manager for Netball Team - Glenfield Primary school. (1 year)
• Manager for Cricket Teams –Conifer Grove Primary school (3 years)
• Writing articles and poems for newspapers and magazines.
Available upon request
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking written expression - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$42||Not available||$42|
|5 hours||$200||Not available||$210|
|10 hours||$380||Not available||$420|