Teaching can be tailored to the pupil's style of learning (e.g. physical, logical, verbal). I currently have a degree in BSc (Hons) Geography and have just finished studying MSc Environmental Management. I am passionate about the subject geography and my aim is to engage the pupil to the fullest extent and explore their ways of learning. I will provide a relaxed environment by which the pupil will learn effectively without the loss of absorption of information. I will also provide material for further home study if the pupil so wishes. All UK exam boards and curriculum accepted.
Experienced in influencing others through formal and informal presentations. Often seen as a leader in group situations, though it must be highlighted that I engage all participants in what I do. I often provide academic support to many of my peers, as I am a calm and informative teacher.
A forward thinking, practical individual with heavy interest in water management and climate change. Gaining a degree in BSc Geography has enriched my skills in organisation, punctuality, attendance, team work, leadership, computer skills and initiative. My huge initiative and drive in day to day life ensures the simplest tasks are always approached with enthusiasm. I have also gained an MSc in environmental management at the University of Reading. I hope to gain a career within the environmental management sector and to excel in the water management industry or teaching.
• Verbal and written communication
• Initiative and Organisation
• Teamwork, Leadership and Independence
• Computer Skills
o Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
o Skilled in the use of ArcGIS tools, particularly ArcMap.
o Knowledgeable in the use of statistical programmes such as Minitab.
o Knowledgeable in the use of geology and archaeology programmes such as RockWorks.
o Skills in the use of software such as R-Studio and Python.
University of Reading | Reading, UK September 2017 to Present
MSc in Environmental Management
Plymouth University | Plymouth, UK September 2014 to July 2017
BSc (Hons) in Geography, Upper Second (2:1).
Kennet Sixth Form, Thatcham, UK September 2012 to May 2014
A Levels: Geography, Chemistry, Photography, Psychology, Health and Social Care.
The Hurst Community College, Baughurst, UK September 2007 to May 2012
GCSEs: 11 A*-C grade
The Co-Operative, Tadley | Customer Service Assistant May 2018 to August 2018
Working with a large turnover of customers in a small team, in an intimate sizes store.
• Training with age-restricted products, food health and safety, health and safety in the workplace and fire safety.
• Leadership in training newer members of staff within a customer service assistant role.
• Responsible for organising and replenishing stock, general upkeep of the store and delivering overall customer satisfaction.
Buchanan Order Management, Newbury | GIS Mapping and Surveying Technician June 2017 to September 2017
Working in a small team, contracted by larger organisations and councils to map and survey traffic orders.
• Independent worker when surveying, whilst liaising with the team regarding gathered information collected and mapping projects.
• Working in a fast paced environment, whilst keeping surveyed data to 99% accuracy.
• Working under important councils such as Suffolk County Council and Westminster City Council.
• Mixture of working away from home for periods of time, using mobile GIS mapping tablets and working in the office to manipulate collected data on desktop GIS applications.
University of Plymouth’s Student Union | Shop Assistant May 2016 to May 2017
Working with large amounts of customers and students in purchasing items at busy periods and keeping shelves stocked.
• Team worker, in smaller teams with other students and higher roles.
• Generous approach to customers and their satisfaction.
Plymouth University, Plymouth | Student Ambassador May 2015 to June 2017
Assisting prospective students and guests on open days, applicant days and other events.
• Effective communication with members of the public.
• Team worker, in large teams and smaller, more intimate teams.
• Drive to ensure prospective students get the most out of their time visiting the university.
Sainsbury’s, Tadley | Customer Service Assistant September 2013 to April 2017
Working with customers on the kiosk, self-service checkouts, checkouts and on the shop floor. Also assisting with the smooth running of the store by working in the warehouse with stock.
• Leadership and independence through training new members of the team and working alone in numerous department settings
• Trained on various departments such as customer services, kiosk, general shop floor and bakery.
• Training in fire safety and distribution of age restricted products such as alcohol, knives and cigarettes.
School Representative for the School of Archaeology, Geography and Environmental Science and Course Representative for MSc Environmental Management September 2017 – December 2018
• Attending various meetings and conferences to improve both the school and course
• Effectively communicating the views and opinions of the students on the course and in the school
Quaternary Scientific (QUEST), University of Reading | Landscape Reconstruction Placement October 2017 to April 2018
Involves using archaeological borehole records to produce historical landscape reconstructions, in order to recognise potential archaeological and historical qualities.
• Working in a small team using computer software including RockWorks and ArcGIS.
• Refined data handling and manipulation skills through the input of thousands of borehole record data into spreadsheets for analysis.
• Independence in learning new skills in computer programmes and independence within a business/research setting.
Royal Geographical Society | Geographical Ambassador December 2016 to Present
Involves visiting schools across the country to provide information about the subject geography, how it influences us and everything surrounding us, and how it can shape a students’ future.
• Confidence in speaking to an audience, both small and large.
• Independence through organising volunteer work alone and visiting schools through own accord
• Leadership and teamwork through the deliverance of successful lessons into geography
Hampshire and Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust
• Involves opportunities to attend talks and conferences across the county, as well as the ability to voice opinions in the annual conference
• Allows the opportunity to get involves with events across the county to protect the wildlife
• Has provided to opportunity to volunteer within both small and large teams alongside members of various backgrounds.
Royal Geographical Society | Young Geographer July 2016 to July 2019
• Involves the opportunity to attend conferences in London into various topic areas surrounding geography
• Allows the contribution to the broad amount of people interested in Geography
• Provides various volunteering opportunities within communities and environments
geography lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$33||$24|
|5 hours||Not available||$153||$118|
|10 hours||Not available||$296||$237|