As a student myself, I know the struggles of getting through difficult subject material all too well. I believe that all students have the potential to excel given the right resources, and I think I can be an ideal resource for students looking for a little extra help throughout their academic journey.
I am currently pursuing my undergraduate degree in biomedical engineering. I have 3 years of experience as a teaching assistant for Elementary level English classes, however, as an engineering student I believe I can excel at teaching maths and sciences to k-12 students.
Ideally I would like to hold lessons at a public library or learning space.
To advance my exposure in the field of engineering to enable me a promising career in research and development.
Biomedical Engineering, specialization in biomechanics, University of Guelph Sept 2015 – Present
4th year Engineering Student, Core engineering courses including kinematics and dynamics, Signal processing, biological engineering systems, Control Theory, Biomaterials, Biomechanics
Other: Comparative Mammalian Anatomy, Principals of Disease, Human Physiology
International Business and Technology Program,
Gordon Graydon Memorial Secondary School Aug 2011 - June 2015
Ontario Scholar with Honours
• Basic exposure to C and Python 2014 – Present
• Basic level Matlab and Simulink
International Business and Technology Program 2011 – 2015
• Strong interpersonal skills, communicating with clients and investors
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Inverse Paradox Robotics Team
• Assisting with design of main chassis
• Collaboration with experienced and dedicated team members to
wire and build a large robot
• Developed and presented project deliverables to prospective sponsors
Teaching Assistant – C.H.E.L.P 2012 - 2015
• Project management – allocated and assigned work
• Streamlined the process to organize, distribute and collect assignments and homework
• 3 years of tutoring experience as a teaching assistant in an English class for 8-10 year olds
Biomechanics Lab Research Volunteer April-Sept 2018
• Electromyography work with the Myo Armband Gesture Control Device by Thalmic Labs
• Literature review with focus on applications
• Supervisor: Dr. Scott Brandon
Lee Ka Shing Knowledge Institute Research Volunteer Aug – Sept 2017, Dec 2017 – Jan 2018
• Volunteered at the Keenan Research centre at St. Michaels Hospital under the dept. of surgery
• Served under the supervision of Dr. Katalin Szaszi and Dr. Shruthi Venugopal
• Researched the function of the GEFH1 protein and its role in kidney fibrosis
• Relevant lab techniques - Western Blotting Technique, Plasmid Expansion, Bacterial Transformation,
Protein Assay and analysis, Gel Electrophoresis with SDS PAGE
Automated Teller Machines (ATM) Reconciliation Officer CIBC – Intria April – Aug 2016
• Monitored, investigated and resolved issues in collaboration with various banking centers across
• Extensive use of Microsoft Office to enhance efficiency of work processes
VOLUNTEER/ EXTRACURRICULAR EXPERIENCE
ElleHacks Hackathon February 2018
• Designed and modelled a gesture controlled prosthetic using 3D printed parts and Myo Armband gesture recognition technology
• Relevant software and hardware – Myo Armband, Arduino, Solidworks
• Produced a working prototype during a 36-hour hackathon with limited mechanical supplies
• Pitched concept to multiple panels of judges from numerous software companies including IBM, Major
League Hacking, and Amazon
University of Guelph Orientation Team Leader 2016 – Present
• Coordinated groups of orientation volunteers exclusively through online communication
• Organized group discussions, provided information, coordinated with executives
• Directed group through various orientation events, delegated tasks, scheduled meetings and managed
the roster & record of the group
Co-President of High School Photography Club 2012 – 2015
• Led group of over 20 photography enthusiasts in learning and exploring photography
• Adobe Photoshop and DSLR camera mechanics
• Created weekly lessons on photography technique for group members
Ink Movement Mississauga Principal Photographer 2014 – 2015
• Provided consultation for graphic design committee and event coordination committee
• Project Management – Coordination of photography for all Ink Movement events
algebra lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|